Windows/64 #54 (#131) Portal not working (Textures 3.0 mod) [CLOSED]

VMblast

Windows/64 #54 (#131) Portal not working (Textures 3.0 mod) [CLOSED]

Post by VMblast »

This MODed portal do not work. When try to get through, nothing happened, I just slam in to it. When try clicking, it makes swishing sound but still nothing happened.

pango

Re: Windows/64 #54 (#131) Portal not working (Textures 3.0 mod)

Post by pango »

Hi VMblast,
Not all portals behave the same, some teleport you on click, some when you cross them, some do nothing, and some instakill you...
Where is this one locate? Could you provide a savegame nearby? Check the bug report guidelines for more infos you could add to this bug report...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

pango wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:52 pm Hi VMblast,
Not all portals behave the same, some teleport you on click, some when you cross them, some do nothing, and some instakill you...
Where is this one locate? Could you provide a savegame nearby? Check the bug report guidelines for more infos you could add to this bug report...
I have the save from that exact spot. Player save is standing just in front of this one from the screenshot, but there is another one when you go down stairs and enter the room. They are both not working.
SAVE44.zip
(264.56 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

pango

Post by pango »

Ok, the Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard, Daggerfall.
I checked in the classic game, and it has the same behavior: if you click on this "teleporter" you get a slashing sound, but nothing else happens. From time to time you get hurt. The teleporter in the room below does strictly nothing.
So those teleporters work just like in classic.

(By the way the way out is an hidden passage in the south wall of the room below, where the second teleporter is located. Maybe the issue is that it is hard to spot with the newer map and modernized textures?).
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

pango wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 am (By the way the way out is an hidden passage in the south wall of the room below, where the second teleporter is located. Maybe the issue is that it is hard to spot with the newer map and modernized textures?).
Haha, yeah the Texture pack 3.0 is awesome, but the only downside is that you cant find any secret doors due to Hi-res textures lol :lol: You literary need to click all the way in every hallway you've pass through.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, its just a texture swap, function is not touched at all :)

About the secret doors not being visible due to the texture remaster - I dont think that is the case. Try comparing to vanila, you will see. If you can see the secret door in vanila, you will see them in my mod. If you cant see them in vanila, you wont see them in my mod neither. Correct me if Im wrong please (with a comparison picture :D )

I remember you need to use a MAP in a dungs to find some of the hidden doors .)

Thanks for feedback, sorry I cant help more

pango

Post by pango »

Here we go,
Classic Daggerfall:

Daggerfall Unity with original textures:

Daggerfall Unity with Remaster 3.0:

The secret door is blatant with original textures, and is visible with remaster 3 textures (the door is slightly lighter, and its pattern is not in sync with the whole wall pattern).
Personally I like it, but I have a lot of Daggerfall dungeon crawling experience, and I noticed it first using the map, where I suspected there could be hidden doors, so YMMV.
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Yeah maybe, however I have to disagree. While there are some multiple instances in vanilla where secret doors are some obvious (like in some shots above), Ive came a cross really many, many instances where they are literary the same as the wall itself (talking about Textures 3.0). However in vanilla, because of that low-res they can barely be noticed.

And ofc classic secret door :P

Last edited by VMblast on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

The new map didn't help in spotting the secret door either.
In classic, you have to zoom the map close enough so that the room above is removed from the view, but you can see the secret door:

In Daggerfall Unity however, the room above is never totally transparent, so it gets in the way (specially if there's something in the room above blocking the view):

So you can only notice the secret door from 3D side view:
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ahhhhh :P