Bank interface is not responsive. [RESOLVED]

Mannimacus

Bank interface is not responsive. [RESOLVED]

Post by Mannimacus »

The Bank UI (Tested at Daggerfall bank) does not respond other than the amount I of gold I can enter. clicking House purchases, deposits and withdrawals does nothing.

Windows PreAlpha 0.5 #132 10-Sep-18 64-bit
Attachments
save17.rar
(244.16 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Interkarma

Re: Bank interface is not responsive.

Post by Interkarma »

The bank interface and all its features work in recent builds, as far as I can see.

Something that might be confusing is when you click one of the buttons like Deposit/Withdraw/Repay/Borrow the UI starts waiting for input. Look for the blinking cursor at bottom next to "transaction amount".

While it's waiting for you to enter a transaction amount, none of the other buttons will respond. Hitting Enter key with no value in transaction amount will stop it from waiting for input, and the other buttons will respond again. All the buttons with exception of buying a house or ship will prompt for a transaction amount.

A nice quality of life feature would be to automatically cancel pending transaction amount when player clicks on one of the other buttons, and to provide some more feedback to player which action was currently selected.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I am having the same issue as Mannimacus. Specifically, the game doesn't respond like it should to hitting "enter key" once you've entered an amount to deposit.

It's weird because I'm able to take a loan out. But enter on deposit doesn't take.

The buttons and stuff work fine, he just doesn't realize that they disable during cursor activity. Maybe some good ol red boxes will work for that. I notice you've been using those as the equivalent of "graying out."

Mannimacus

Post by Mannimacus »

The thing is I put an amount of money into the transaction bar and pressing enter still does nothing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. :) This could be related to recent changes to banking UI. I'll look into this in more detail soon.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new QoL features. I can deposit gold just fine when it's in my wagon, but not when it's in my inventory. I didn't check if it still works when gold is split between the two, though.

Edit: Yeah, I tried depositing 500 gold with 250 in the inventory and 250 in the wagon. It worked.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks for the report. I probably messed something up with my recent change. Will take a look when I get a chance.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Hazelnut. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

:oops:

I successfully made it so the bank didn't work unless you had some gold in your cart. Fix submitted.

Now let's never speak of this moronic bug of mine ever again... :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Haha thanks for the fix mate. :)