Build #137 Windows - Can't create Character Warrior class [RESOLVED]

Lausbub78

Build #137 Windows - Can't create Character Warrior class [RESOLVED]

Post by Lausbub78 »

When trying to create a Warrior Character, selecting the Fast start option it puts me back on the map. When selecting Background questions I get a black screen with the ingame mousecursor active. I've tried different Races and Genders with the same outcome. Other classes I've tried are working.

Interkarma

Re: Build #137 Windows - Can't create Character Warrior class

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for report. Sounds like biography fast start is encountering an exception.

This would be one for Numidium to look at when he can.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Confirmed. Fails on line 59 in BiogFile.cs

Code: Select all

questions[i].Text[j] = curLine.Split(new[] { '.' }, 2)[1].Trim();
Exception:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.BiogFile..ctor (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Player.CharacterDocument characterDocument) (at Assets/Scripts/API/BiogFile.cs:59)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.StartNewGameWizard.CreateCharChooseBioWindow_OnClose () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallStartNewGameWizard.cs:374)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.RaiseOnCloseHandler () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:175)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.CloseWindow () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:131)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.CreateCharChooseBio.ChooseGenerate_OnMouseClick (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent sender, Vector2 position) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/CreateCharChooseBio.cs:65)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent.MouseClick (Vector2 clickPosition) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/BaseScreenComponent.cs:824)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/BaseScreenComponent.cs:626)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/Panel.cs:98)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Button.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/Button.cs:65)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/Panel.cs:106)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/Panel.cs:106)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterface/UserInterfaceWindow.cs:82)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBaseWindow.cs:98)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallPopupWindow.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallPopupWindow.cs:67)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.CreateCharChooseBio.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/CreateCharChooseBio.cs:76)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallUI.cs:367)

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

The only question set that fails is the warrior one, BIOG16T0.TXT.

The problem is that question 2 gets skipped, and so an exception happens when the program tries to read the last question but has nothing left to read.

The problem is probably that there is no space between the last answer of question 1 and the start of question 2.

f.	Longblade
	!4905
	29 +12
	IT 2 9 0
2.	What motivates you into a life of
	adventure?
I just confirmed that classic is able to read it properly, so the question file isn't malformed (as far as classic is concerned).
The problem is that the Daggerfall Unity reader assumes that a new line indicates the end of the answers for a question.

If you look at the file in a hex-editor, it looks like the actual way that the end of a question is marked is by not having a byte-value of "9" at the end.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.4 KiB) Viewed 1337 times

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Resolved now.