Dev build/Linux: (minor) buying premade spells one at a time [RESOLVED]

BansheeXYZ

Re: Dev build/Linux: (minor) buying premade spells one at a time

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:38 pmBasically I see this as UI design / preferences issue, rather than an obvious OoL improvement - like removing the need to explicitly dismount before you can enter a building for example which removes redundant clicks.
Uhh, this essentially is about reducing clicks. Reopening the buy window 10 times to buy 10 spells takes clicks. No one is expecting the window to close, and nothing about the buy button shouts "use me instead I won't close the window".

I do think it's likely a small bug in a game full of them. We got horses in dungeons, breaking and entering gets you executed, buying a spell you already have just adds it to your book again, quest women referred to as men. The programmers forgot to handle a lot of edge cases.

mikeprichard

Re: Dev build/Linux: (minor) buying premade spells one at a time

Post by mikeprichard »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 am
Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:38 pmBasically I see this as UI design / preferences issue, rather than an obvious OoL improvement - like removing the need to explicitly dismount before you can enter a building for example which removes redundant clicks.
Uhh, this essentially is about reducing clicks. Reopening the buy window 10 times to buy 10 spells takes clicks. No one is expecting the window to close, and nothing about the buy button shouts "use me instead I won't close the window".
This. Just keep in mind classic DF essentially had one overworked primary designer/programmer (Julian Lefay), not to mention a rushed development schedule, which explains much of its unique "charm". :)
BansheeXYZ wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:30 am buying a spell you already have just adds it to your book again
And sorry if this was already discussed, but is the above issue also going to be fixed in DFU at some point?