Windows x64 build #137 Daedra Summoning quest not in log [RESOLVED]

Zofonik

Windows x64 build #137 Daedra Summoning quest not in log [RESOLVED]

Post by Zofonik »

I have been trying out Daedra Summonings and so far Sheogorath and Hermaeus Mora have worked but Sanquine does not. The quest video plays ok but no quest appears in the log. I have tried this from both the Mages Guild and Dibella temple summoners and they both have the bug.

On a side note the Wabbajack doesnt appear to do anything.

Hazelnut

Re: Windows x64 build #137 Daedra Summoning quest not in log

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks for the report, Daedra Summoning is in and working but we've not tested and fixed any issues with the quests yet. Did you mean that you successfully completed the Sheogorath and H Mora quests? That's good news. Sounds like the Sanquine quest is failing to parse. I'll take a look and see if there's an easy fix.

The artefacts do not have any effects yet. Once the effects system is complete it can be applied everywhere, but there's a way to go on that yet.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zofonik

Post by Zofonik »

Well not exactly. Sheogoraths was ok and got the Wabbajack, but I cant finish H Moras as the artifact giver wont talk to me even though i have killed the target. Still got battlemages after me though so that might be it. Will have to see what happens when time runs out in 52 days time!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That's useful info. Let us know what other issues you find with them.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zofonik

Post by Zofonik »

I re-did the H Mora quest and picked the option of accepting the bribe (magic chest) from the target but then killing the target anyway. This time i was able to get the artifact from the giver. Strangely the item icon is a bow and when scrolled over it says First Scroll of Baan Dar but the item description and Info button says Oghma Infinium so bit of a decrepancy there. Still, at least i could complete the quest this way.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Just thought I'd pop in and mention that I'm getting mostly the same thing as Zofonik, using the most recent build. Hermaeus Mora's quest ran into some issues regarding the choice to accept the bribe or not. Not accepting the bribe and just killing the NPC leads to the NPC giving out the reward going mute. Accepting the bribe and then killing the NPC anyway made the NPC with the reward finally respond, but the reward itself has some issues. To me, the Oghma Infinitum has the icon of a bluish gem instead of the bow icon that Zofonik got. It does still get the name of First Scroll of Baan Dar, as well as the item description and info claiming it is the Oghma Infinitum. Using it results in bringing up the textpage for the First Scroll and the quest stays unfinished in the questlog.

Don't suppose anyone knows a way I can fiddle about with some file anywhere to fix this?

Edit: Added 2 saves as attachments, one just outside the building where the quest's enemy target is and the other save is right infront of the NPC that gives you the reward. I should also add that I'm not using any mods.
Attachments
SAVE83.zip
(293.19 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
SAVE82.zip
(233.18 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks guys. We'll work through and debug the daedra price quests somewhere in the alpha-beta cycle (along with a full pass on all the quests, I'd say). I'll leave this report open for later. Thank you for the save games.