Build #138 Windows 64 Ship items disappearing [RESOLVED]

Zofonik

Build #138 Windows 64 Ship items disappearing [RESOLVED]

Post by Zofonik »

Items stored in the ship are dissappearing after you fast travel to another location. This happens on both size ships.

Hazelnut

Re: Build #138 Windows 64 Ship items disappearing

Post by Hazelnut »

Could you check that if you use the transport menu to return to your position before boarding, then travel before switching to ship again, if your items are persisted correctly. If my theory is right then that should work.

Pretty sure this was the case before, either fast travel or recall away from a ship fails to cache the scene. I will look into this soon.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zofonik

Post by Zofonik »

This was the method i was using as i was unaware you could now fast travel from a ship. However, i tried fast travelling from the deck of the ship just now and when i returned my items were there. Also, I'm pretty sure this was ok a few builds ago.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think I have this nailed down now, just working through it at the moment.

Basically the scene cache uses building keys for the interiors and the ships interiors building keys are marked as persistant. Recently building key generation was changed to stop using 0 which is what the ship interiors do. This means that the fix should be as simple as editing the savefile once a code change is in.

I will get a fix into the next build (hopefully will be soon) and then you can fix by doing the following edits to SaveData.txt in your save folder. Sorry about that, I was part of the key discussion but it never occured to me this would affect boat interiors.

If you own the small ship, in SaveData.txt, change the 'buildingKey=0' in the lines below to 'BuildingKey=16777216'

Code: Select all

"sceneName": "DaggerfallInterior [MapID=1050578, BuildingKey=0]",

"DaggerfallInterior [MapID=1050578, BuildingKey=0]"

I you own the large ship, in SaveData.txt, change the 'buildingKey=0' in the lines below to 'BuildingKey=16777216'

"sceneName": "DaggerfallInterior [MapID=2102157, BuildingKey=0]",

"DaggerfallInterior [MapID=2102157, BuildingKey=0]"
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for fixing mate. Will merge this one soon.

Zofonik

Post by Zofonik »

Thanks Hazelnut, will try that once the code fix is in.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thank you for spotting it! That was a great catch, this is easily something we may not have noticed had broken for months..

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've merged PR and fix seems to be working well, after making the requisite changes in my save file of course. I'll mark this as resolved for now, unless anyone else has more issues with it.

Besides editing save file, picking up everything, leaving the ship, then returning later and dropping everything again also seems to work.

Hazelnut, are you considering adding an auto-fix to deserialization for this one? Not everyone is likely to see this bug report and know to edit the file.

Hazelnut

Re: Build #138 Windows 64 Ship items disappearing [RESOLVED]

Post by Hazelnut »

If a few ppl lose stuff in a pre-alpha release I'm not too bothered, especially when instructions are here so I wasn't planning to, but if you want me to I will. You're much nicer than me. :twisted: