Build #138 - Can't climb out of Scourg Barrow coffin tunnel due to angled walls [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Bender

Build #138 - Can't climb out of Scourg Barrow coffin tunnel due to angled walls [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Post by Bender »

I have read the roadmap and am not clear on potions. I am aware that climbing is implemented so I'm not sure if the following observations are bugs or missing features. I used the search and know it's not possible to make potions. You are supposed to be able to use them correct? I cannot use any potions I have found. I'm also not able to climb out of scourg barrow. According to the daggerfall wiki i should be able to activate the tapestry near the opening to levitate out or simply climb out. I"m aware the tapestry is likely not working yet, but i simply cannot climb out the north wall. it only allows me half way up then i get stuck. If these are known issues, no worry, i will do something else. some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Daggerfall Unity version 0.4.75
Windows 10 pro 1803 17134.376
i7 6700k 16gb geforce gtx 970
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (261.99 KiB) Viewed 5106 times

pango

Re: Potions and climbing

Post by pango »

Hi Bender,
First thing first,

Code: Select all

Daggerfall Unity version 0.4.75
Always test bugs with the latest released version, to avoid reporting issues already fixed. Also, report one issue at a time, as mentionned in the bug reporting guidelines.

I have no idea if that's the case for climbing this wall, but a lot happened to climbing feature since September.
Tapestry should work since levitation was implemented a while back.
About potions I think you still can't use them.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Ok, it seems climbing stopping halfway and tapestry not casting levitate do happen with current dev version.
Attachments
SAVE90.zip
(180.9 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Last edited by pango on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Potions are not usable yet.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Bender

Post by Bender »

My apologies. I did not use the latest version as it seems to have a regression with the way textures are displayed. I read it was a known issue and had not been fixed yet so i did not upgrade. As far as bugs, i was not aware if they were a bug or not. I did read the guidelines but did not want to post to much if the issue had already been stated. I will separate them in the future. I will also upgrade do the latest version and avoid using textures packs for now.

Thank you hazlenut, good to know.

Interkarma

Re: Build #138 - Can't climb out of Scourg Barrow coffin tunnel due to angled walls

Post by Interkarma »

I've updated topic title, as that's possibly a limitation of climbing system at this time. I'll make this issue the bug report as potions and "cast spell" activators like that tapestry aren't implemented yet.

BTW, I'm adding the "cast spell" activator now and it will be available in next round of builds. :)

Bender

Re: Build #138 - Can't climb out of Scourg Barrow coffin tunnel due to angled walls

Post by Bender »

sounds good thank you.

MeteoricDragon

Post by MeteoricDragon »

I thought that all climbing was vertical...

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

We definitely need to confirm behaviour vs. classic on this one when we can. Allofich said he'll check later, and I can check after work as well.

pango

Post by pango »

In classic you can climb the north wall just fine. It's hard to tell whether it's perfectly vertical because you can't look straight up, but it looks only very slightly inward (north wall to the left in the picture):

East and west wall are more obvously angled:
If you try to climb them you'll be stopped halfway, at their angle. And then when you stop climbing you receive a small push forward and fall into the Void, but that's "classic" behavior :lol:
-- Charles Goodhart