Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items [RESOLVED]

johnwax

Re: Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items

Post by johnwax »

Don;t know if this has any significance, but I received a small bag (of fortitude) as a quest reward and when I had it identified, the cost was zero gold. That would seem to indicate that it is recognized as an invalid enchantment.

Prester Lewin

Re: Build #138 - "Cast when held" enchantments are assigned to non-equipable items

Post by Prester Lewin »

Huh, I got a wine rack of fortitude as a quest reward yesterday. It weighed 25 kg, which makes it exceptionally heavy, had a nominal value of 100 gold and looked like a single cartoony tomato (or possibly an apple). Beat that.

It's evidently a weird kind of classic game item. A quote from UESP: "...[by hacking game files] you will find numerous items which aren't normally found in game, such as Large Sack, Wine Rack, etc. An example of a complete, editable item can be found below, however not all items are complete in the game's data. Many items, especially the furniture, don't seem to have any pictures associated with what would've been shop items..." Incomplete data could also account for zero value items, too.

Anyway, what we have at present is evidently that there are a lot of things treated as items in classic DF which were actually only ever intended to be part of the scenery, like flats depicting clutter in shops, not things the player would ever interact with. At present, DFU is picking those items up as possible quest rewards. I can live with that little quirk indefinitely, until the devs have enough breathing space to tidy it up (assuming they feel they should).

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Resolved.