Build #138 - Quest n0b20y02 "Protect an Honored Mage" - Quest should last 3 hours; can last about 24 [RESOLVED]

Laziezt

Build #138 - Quest n0b20y02 "Protect an Honored Mage" - Quest should last 3 hours; can last about 24 [RESOLVED]

Post by Laziezt »

Playing on Windows x64 Build #138

The quest states a mage is going into a three hour trance and is asking for your protection. Once the three hours pass, the mage is supposed to "be transported to the Aetherius"; i.e., disappear and give you your reward.

After killing the assassins and waiting 3 hours, the quest will usually not complete on time. Occasionally the quest ends appropriately, but usually I have had to wait about 24 hours, give or take a few. The reward is eventually received properly either way though.

Interkarma

Re: Build #138 - Quest n0b20y02 "Protect an Honored Mage" - Quest should last 3 hours; can last about 24

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :) Thank you for providing such good details in your bug reports - nailed it.

Laziezt

Re: Build #138 - Quest n0b20y02 "Protect an Honored Mage" - Quest should last 3 hours; can last about 24

Post by Laziezt »

It's no problem, I'm happy to help get things sorted. :)

I tested the quest again today and found that once the trio of assassins are killed an hour in, you can safely leave the building and go about your business - as long as that business isn't further questing at that Mages guild.

This may or may not be an issue in itself - ("Oh these assassins are dead, surely they wouldn't send more in the next two hours!"). But I think that's true to the original, and it does at least make this bug a little more toothless. :)