Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Texture issue - black border [CLOSED]

Prester Lewin

Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Texture issue - black border [CLOSED]

Post by Prester Lewin »

I encountered this in a dungeon in Alik'r, Ruins of the Tower of Rlortrn.

This was in a sewer-like part of the dungeon. I hope you can see the thick black borders around the texture panels. I do have Daggerfall Remaster, but I think this is a vanilla texture - you can see the pixelation.

It doesn't go away if I quit and reboot the game. It's the first time I've seen it in DFU, having been in several similar dungeon features before, but I think they had a different texture, while this one was used here because I chose "climate" dungeon textures after traveling to Alik'r. I can provide a game save, if needed.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (127.5 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

Interkarma

Re: Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Texture issue - black border

Post by Interkarma »

Please provide a save game, or at least a screenshot without any mods installed. Cheers. :)

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

No mods active, moved Daggerfall Remastered textures subdirectory from DU folder completely; this is the resulting save. If you take a look around, you will see the black border only affects some parts of the sewer area.
SAVE1303.7z
(200.8 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

I finally managed to find a suitable classic DF character, get him into the same dungeon in classic DF and find my way to the same place. It looks very much like the textures are actually missing or not rendered correctly from the same part of that dungeon (just blocks of yellow, etc).

Classic DF save:
SAVE4.7z
(47.64 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's interesting! Thanks for going the extra mile on this one. Looks like this is another issue with classic data. I'll check out that classic save when I can.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks 4 save, I want to see which part of retexture Ive missed... or if it is already done in the version I have on my HDD.