Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Recall Spell Back Into Guild Hall Bug [RESOLVED]

Magicono43

Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Recall Spell Back Into Guild Hall Bug [RESOLVED]

Post by Magicono43 »

Found a bug that happens in at least the Mages Guild.

If I Anchor inside the guild hall (let's say right near the quest giver), travel and go do that quest and teleport back (making sure the guild hall is open at that time), I am able to complete the quest with no issues. However, if I try and talk to ANY of the guild members in that hall, they seem to think they are now the fighters guild.

For example, I can go up to the trainer and ask for training, but he will mention only members of the fighters guild he is allowed to train, or if I go to the quest giver he will give me an option to join the fighters guild.

The simple way of fixing the issue on the spot is to leave and renter the guildhall and they will come back to their senses and realize they are the mages guild again.

Not sure how this bug works, maybe guilds default to the fighters guild if some location flag is not met when entering that area (such as clicking on the specific door that would be for the mages guild) and when you teleport directly that flag is not triggered or something.

Thanks if anyone could explain it for curiosities sake (:

pango

Re: Win 10, 64 bit, #139: Recall Spell Back Into Guild Hall Bug

Post by pango »

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Certainly sounds similar, I have only had it happen when returning a quest, so maybe that has something to do with it. I also pretty much always used a recall spell to get back and turn it in as well.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, this is my experience. Good eye pango :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'll take a look at this as soon as I can. There's no fallback to fighters guild, but the faction data is a complete mess in the DF datafiles so there are quite a few issues that the DFU code works around. Suspect something is not covered, hopefully following your steps I will see what the issue is easily.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I will just say I had a 100% recreation chance of the bug whenever I used recall to come back to a guildhall like I said, this was pretty much always done while inside a dungeon just after getting the quest objective.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

This and several other bugs are being caused by the building data not being restored by the teleport, thankfully it was already being saved so I fixed this easily. Waiting for IK to review.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods