build #139, Win 10, 64 bit: Stuck to door when exiting dungeon [RESOLVED]

Prester Lewin

build #139, Win 10, 64 bit: Stuck to door when exiting dungeon [RESOLVED]

Post by Prester Lewin »

Title says it all, really. This has happened every time I quit this dungeon, even after rebooting the game. I tried teleporting back inside with recall spell and exiting again, but still got stuck. I can escape by fast travelling (but not Tedious Travel fast travel). My guess is that it's glitchy data for this kind of dungeon exterior in classic DF.

I can confirm that this happens just the same with all mods switched off and texture packs removed.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (249.31 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
SAVE1390.7z
(329.68 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

pango

Re: build #139, Win 10, 64 bit: Stuck to door when exiting dungeon

Post by pango »

You can also get yourself out of trouble by pointing at the floor to your left, open the console and type "teleport" command.

The culpit is that door:
Yes, that door:

I went to the same dungeon in Daggerfall classic, what must save classic in that case is that it tries to put you back in the same position you were when entering the dungeon, so it should always be safe.

I experimented with that, and it seems to be the case. I set an anchor inside the dungeon, exited, went to the next zone and teleported back. When I didn't screw myself by teleporting on the back of my horse and finding myself and my horse in the dungeon (unable to dismount because "you can't change transportation indoors", obviously; hey, that happens in DFU too!), if I exit the dungeon I find myself in the nearby zone, exactly where I cast recall. So it must be saving my position when entering the dungeon indeed.
But if you try to confuse it some more by setting an anchor in the dungeon, recall from inside another dungeon and exit, you'll be located in front of the right door, by the torch:
So it must also have a safe fallback.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

Wow, I didn't attempt to analyse it, although I had it on my mental to-do list to try the same dungeon in classic. But, even if it is a classic feature, it's the kind of thing that should be tidied up, if possible, for noobs. I accept it's not number one priority.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Have issued a fix for this one now.