Build#139(x64): Dungeon "Castle Corrulus" Unopenable Secret doors + Unreachable Warp loop [RESOLVED]

MoloMowChow

Build#139(x64): Dungeon "Castle Corrulus" Unopenable Secret doors + Unreachable Warp loop [RESOLVED]

Post by MoloMowChow »

I undertook a mage quest that led me to a rather janky dungeon. Where one section of the dungeon can't be reached since the secret door behind a statue won't open, and another section of a dungeon that can only be reached by warp, but seemingly traps you in there in an endless loop warping between the 2 same sections, with seemingly no exit to return you to the main body of the dungeon.

Said secret door is behind a statue in a huge room with a large set of stairs, it's very similar to the one found in Privateer's Hold. But this time the secret door on the left of the stairs won't budge. No obvious switch is nearby.
Using console commands to investigate that area, there's is also another Secret Door within that hallway section that also won't open, and it leads to a singular Gallo room with a hanging body and some loot.

As for the loop warp, I presume the exit teleport that leads me out of the loop is behind a wall mounted curtain in a room with 2 "mini-thrones", but I can't for the life of me get past the curtain and touch the warp. I can't find any switches or such nearby either. Don't know if it's a bug or I'm missing another exit, but thought I'd include it anyways.

I already completed the quest and I have an anchor to the entrance so I'm not truly screwed or anything, but this might annoy future dungeon divers. I will show screenshots of the locations, and attached is the save file of my character in the Warp loop section infront of the unreachable warp behind the wall curtain. Is anyone else able to find an exit that I can't?

SAVE6.zip
save file
(154.33 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

BansheeXYZ

Re: Build#139(x64): Dungeon "Castle Corrulus" Unopenable Secret doors + Unreachable Warp loop

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Does anyone know if tapestries can be walked through in classic? That is one solution I can think of, is to make them passable objects. Alternatively, we could make warp doors clickable.

Interkarma

Re: Build#139(x64): Dungeon "Castle Corrulus" Unopenable Secret doors + Unreachable Warp loop

Post by Interkarma »

Most tapestries are passable, but this particular tapestry model ID is likely missing exclusion in layout code if it's blocking your path.

I'll check out your save when I can, thanks for attaching it. :)

pango

Post by pango »

This is likely a spoiler but...

I've seen this kind of tapestry slide by some action on the nearby thrones (I don't remember if you need to stand on one or something).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Pango's right. If you stand on a throne, the tapestry slides out. Although it takes you to a place with two more warp walls, and neither seemed to work. Could be another puzzle? If I click a lot on the upstairs one, it makes a whiff noise and then kills you.

pango

Post by pango »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm Pango's right. If you stand on a throne, the tapestry slides out. Although it takes you to a place with two more warp walls, and neither seemed to work. Could be another puzzle? If I click a lot on the upstairs one, it makes a whiff noise and then kills you.
Two non-fonctional warp walls, but a secret passage, like in this bug report

The only thing that looks really broken in this dungeon is this stuck hidden door behind the statue. However there's an alternate path to the corridor on the other side, so it could be worse.
It can be opened in Daggerfall classic, so that's probably some geometry issue in DFU
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Aww yeah, missed that secret door. Fake warps just to mess with you.

Would've been nice if classic had a "Reveal Door" spell that gave these doors a glowy outline. Then I could equip a bracer of reveal door and see all these doors!

Edit: Oh, there is a "Detect" magic on the spell maker. Not for doors, though. Just treasure, magic, and enemy.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

The issue with the door behind the statue is that daggerfall unity doesn't currently recognize those types of models as action doors (mesh ID=55018). As people have already noted you can move the tapestry out of the way by colliding with the throne. The 2 brick walls in the room that teleporter leads you to aren't teleporters, there is a secret door nearby to escape.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for fix Lypyl!

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:59 am Would've been nice if classic had a "Reveal Door" spell that gave these doors a glowy outline. Then I could equip a bracer of reveal door and see all these doors!
This is a spell I would like to see added. Oh did I mention? Passwall! Bring passwall back. We have the technology.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.