Can't stand from crouch mode 0.7.2 [RESOLVED]

johnwax

Re: Can't stand from crouch mode 0.7.2

Post by johnwax »

Re 0.7.36 - This is still a problem that I have had since 0.7.2 . I seem to get it mainly after fast travel - I arrive crouched and can't stand. There is another thread to this and the answer is to go in a portal (outside door, dungeon entrance, etc) and the hit C. You stand immediately. I have no idea why.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I have been playing pretty steadily for about a week now, and this one pops up quite a bit.
I don't see anything in the code to change this so I haven't updated.
This pretty much started when the repelling from the roof started working.
Now it seems to me like when they shoot the arrow at you it's treating it like a 3D object and your trying to climb it instead of it just disappearing when it hits you, that's why they keep moving you out of the way, because of the physics thing plus the enhance climbing, makes you want to climb it, and since it thinks it's the roof, well you get squished but you don't die, and you're a midget.

I don't know about all the technical stuff, but gameplay-wise it seems like that's what's happening....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I think the collision weirdness might be due to the fact both the player and the missile have rigidbodies on them. When I removed the rigidbody from the player this seemed to stop happening. They're both set to kinematic in the inspector, which means they shouldn't be interacting like that so I don't know why they would do that. If the rigidbody on either the player or the missiles can be removed that might be a simple fix.

Another solution for the climbing system would be to put missiles into a layer and have the climbing system check that to avoid interacting w/ missiles. Currently there is a "SpellMissile" layer, I think that should be changed to "MissileLayer" and tags could be used to identify the different missile types.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

So I don't know if this means anything, but my old dude was getting bugged out for like the last week, since I went to GitHub.

Now I've made three new guys, and I have yet to see this thing ( and I really hate this bug by the way)

Has anybody seen this with new characters, or am I just reaching for Stuff ?
Could be something's not getting saved with old characters when you go to a new build or something, or I'm just getting lucky ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

LypyL wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 am Another solution for the climbing system would be to put missiles into a layer and have the climbing system check that to avoid interacting w/ missiles. Currently there is a "SpellMissile" layer, I think that should be changed to "MissileLayer" and tags could be used to identify the different missile types.
Maybe interaction between missiles should be considered before taking a decision. I think currently spells can be blocked with an arrow (to be confirmed under controlled conditions...)
I also remember a stream (CyberSkooma on Twitch maybe?) with people stacking spell "balls" by quickly and repeatedly casting a missile spell on a wall.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

It is the arrows, but for me it only happens when I'm outside and get skewered, not when I'm in a dungeon. For me the solution is simple - I go through a doors of a shop, inn, dungeon, etc. and then hit C to stand normally. So, this has become just an annoyance, not a critical problem.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is resolved in upcoming builds.