0.7.36: Temple inner door textures

Report specific bugs in Daggerfall Unity. Please read guidelines before posting.
BansheeXYZ

0.7.36: Temple inner door textures

Post by BansheeXYZ » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:35 pm

I've noticed a difference between classic and DFU with regards to temple inner doors, metal vs wood. This is Kynareth.
td3.png
td3.png (867.09 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Hazelnut

Re: 0.7.36: Temple inner door textures

Post by Hazelnut » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Kynareth temple what location exactly?

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am

Hazelnut wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm
This one was probably Aldingwall or Inner Altar of Kynareth. But I don't think it matters, I think every Kynareth has orange on the left and black on the right.

Not all temples are the same, though. If you travel to temples in other regions, the doors change. Someone will maybe need to look at classic a bit harder to see if this was intentional or not. It's definitely possible that they're supposed to be wood all the time like DFU and classic is just screwing up. But it's also possible that classic did something here to add variety between them.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 am

BansheeXYZ wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:46 am
Hazelnut wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:13 pm
This one was probably Aldingwall or Inner Altar of Kynareth. But I don't think it matters, I think every Kynareth has orange on the left and black on the right.

Not all temples are the same, though. If you travel to temples in other regions, the doors change. Someone will maybe need to look at classic a bit harder to see if this was intentional or not. It's definitely possible that they're supposed to be wood all the time like DFU and classic is just screwing up. But it's also possible that classic did something here to add variety between them.
You know he's right, I remember looking at it in classic, and thinking how did they get it to look like that, maybe it's something with dosbox..
I never even noticed it with Daggerfallsetup until I just saw this, but he's right.
Something weird with those pillars in classic, I always thought like you said their metal or something.

I don't even know if it means anything, I just remember thinking something along these lines back in the day, and sorry to butt in I thought it was worth a mention :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!