Knights of the dragon armor reward "Gallant" rank [CLOSED]

GrumpyElk

Knights of the dragon armor reward "Gallant" rank [CLOSED]

Post by GrumpyElk »

Hello again!

When i advance in the Knights of dragon guild to the "Gallant" rank i received a silver armor.
It consists of 3 x Pair of boots 1 x Left pauldron 1 x right pauldron 1 x greaves.
No helmet, no cuirass.

Dont know if they also recruit centipedes, but my barbarian is lacking a sufficient amount of feet to wear that dress! (Not that he would wear silver anyways)

I run on Windows 64 with the PreAlpha 0.7.36 build.

pango

Re: Knights of the dragon armor reward "Gallant" rank

Post by pango »

If I remember correctly, with each rank you're offered one piece of armor to choose from a selection, not the whole selection. So the selection doesn't have to be a consistent set of armor, I don't think this is a bug...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

GrumpyElk

Post by GrumpyElk »

But i wonder, because the first two ranks i could "remove" all the steel armor pieces from the guild smith. All of them were unique pieces. A full set.
The third time i was able to remove 2 different silver items and then the window closed. But i thought it was because i tried to equip it, which my barbarian cant.

So nontheless the armor reward with the knights of the dragon is somewhat borked. And to be offered 3 pair of equal boots seems strange. But that maybe a bug from original daggerfall. I think the guild members also mention "a fine set of armor". Not a single piece.

GrumpyElk

Post by GrumpyElk »

I just found on the wiki:
"The fourth promotion, Keeper, strangely awards an armor piece made of a random material. The selection pool appears to conform to the rules for random, leveled loot. It is possible to obtain Silver, Orcish, and Daedric armor pieces at this rank, and this rank only, as long as your character level is high enough to see these materials appear. As you might expect, the most likely rewards at this level are Iron and Steel."

This looks like something similar. Random material (Silver) and only a single piece (though i am quite certain i took two). But it should happen at the fourth rank "Keeper".

I got
Aspirant - steel set
Squire - steel set
Gallant - silver pieces

which also seems not ok with the chart on the wiki, as it should have been Iron on the gallant rank.
0 Aspirant 0 22 4 Steel
1 Squire 10 23 5 "Fake" Iron*, Iron, Steel, Elven
2 Gallant 20 31 9 Iron
3 Chevalier 30 39 13 Steel
4 Keeper 40 47 17 Random†
5 Knight Brother 50 55 21 Elven
6 Commander 60 63 25 Dwarven
7 Marshall 70 71 29 Mithril
8 Seneschal 80 79 33 Adamantium
9 Paladin 90 87 37 Ebony

If it is a bug, it is not important at all, but i thought i mention it anyways.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The only bug here is that you were able to take more than one piece of armour. Could you detail how that is done, what conditions allow it please?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

GrumpyElk

Post by GrumpyElk »

I started my game as a nord several month ago. I cant tell which version i used back then.
Guild advancement was implemented, but it somehow wasnt stable. I lost progress/rank and then lost interest.
Now i continued the savegame with the prebuild alpha 0.7.3.6, did some quests for the fighters guild, the knights of the dragon, advanced in the guild ranks, got the armors. Did the main quest. Did again a quest for the knights, got promoted again.

I went to the guild smith, clicked him, got the selection of pieces, chose one, tried to equip it (which i couldnt) clicked on the second armor piece, the window closed and i had the two silver armor pieces in my inventory.

Sadly i don't have savegames of that encounter.
I am sorry that i cant help more.

GrumpyElk

Post by GrumpyElk »

I just gained another rank and can definitely pick up every piece of armor that i am offered.

It works that way when i click "Equip". The selected armor piece drops in my inventory since i can not equip it (class bound restriction) and the window remains open so i can choose the other armor pieces as well. I dont know if it would work with other characters too that can equip the chosen item.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks, I will get this fixed when I can.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Classic behavior: clicking on "Receive Armor" gets you a message box saying "I have a fine piece of armor for you." The piece of armor then shows up in your inventory. It is 1 random piece, and there is no selection window where you select what you want. Encumbrance is ignored, same as withdrawing LoC at max encumberance.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well I implemented what the chronicles / UESP suggest and I'm not going to make it worse to match classic. You get a choice.