0.7.91: Unfriendly and ignorant town people [RESOLVED]

Interkarma

Re: 0.7.91: Unfriendly and ignorant town people

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks all. I'll reopen this and look into the "unfriendly" side of things later.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've done some more work on this now. From next builds, NPCs will have a much higher chance of knowing where something is for all talk items. I found that "tell me about > organisation" was literally set to 0% chance by default, so the player needed very strong social skills to overcome that. :)

Speaking of social skills. A character with poor personality and poor speechcraft skills can still receive very rude and abrupt responses from NPCs. Looking at the formulas for generating responses, this appears to be correct. Increasing my test character's personality and speechcraft skills resulted in far more friendly responses from NPCs, even when they didn't know. Please also keep in mind that NPCs will only answer one question each. I understand this design matches classic.

As a low personality will drag down chance of a friendly & helpful response, it's likely possible to push up the default chance a bit higher. But what I'm experiencing now in tests feels much better than before.

I will leave this topic as unresolved until I get feedback from next builds.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

I will check this as soon as possible, great work :)