Win_x64_0.7.91: Rubies not stacking [RESOLVED]

SlainByWoodborne

Win_x64_0.7.91: Rubies not stacking [RESOLVED]

Post by SlainByWoodborne »

Description:
Using the attached save, in the "Inventory" navigate to the "Ingredients" tab. On the "Ingredients" tab, verify two stacks of rubies: one with 2; one with 7. I am unable to get these to combine these into a single stack of 9.
Attachments
Items_not_stacking_SAVE32.7z
(201.12 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Jay_H

Re: Win_x64_0.7.91: Rubies not stacking

Post by Jay_H »

The two rubies are different item types. The stack of 2 is equippable, and the stack of 7 is not. I don't know any further explanation behind this.

In earlier DFU builds, rubies were used as placeholders for unimplemented items, like enchanted items. That's the only relevant fact I know here.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay is on the right track here. The stack of 2x Rubies are of item group Gems, the stack of 7x Rubies are of item group MagicItems. Not sure how these would have been generated in current builds. I don't believe using rubies as a placeholder for magic items is even in the code anymore.

Do you know how these items may have been generated for you? From quests perhaps, or random loot piles? If I can isolate the cause, I'll fix it up.

Edit: By any chance did this character exist from an older version of Daggerfall Unity? If the character predates magic items being implemented, it's possible for these transitional items to still be in their inventory.

SlainByWoodborne

This is my first version of DFU. I've done more "Guard the Guild" and "Protect an Honored Mage" than I can recall with this character. (If I could exceed 100 rep, it would likely be over 300 by now for the Mages Guild.) I've been doing so many in hopes of getting useful magic items since magic item creation functionality is not yet implemented in DFU. The mystery ruby type may be a result of completing so many. I've also done a lot of looting of shops in general with this character; perhaps this is a consequence of excessive looting.

I will certainly be more vigilant going forward in order to attempt to discern the source of the errant type.

SlainByWoodborne

On this shelf, in this store, I think I just got another odd type of ruby (stack of two). I'm pretty sure the stack of six in the character's inventory is the "normal" type.
Attachments
Items_not_stacking_02_SAVE57.7z
(219.03 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for save. I can confirm the stack of 2x rubies are of the correct ItemGroup.Gems. The stack of 6x rubies however are of ItemGroup.MagicItems.

It's curious how those 6x rubies have ended under that item group. If you see that stack of 6 grow any larger, and you happen to notice where that 7th ruby came from, please let me know. :)

SlainByWoodborne

I got the groups of rubies mixed up. If I get a seventh, I'll report it.

SlainByWoodborne

I found a seventh ruby. It is on the shelf directly ahead of the character when this save is loaded.
Attachments
Seventh_ruby_on_this_shelf_SAVE63.7z
(226.91 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, will take another look when I can. :)

SlainByWoodborne

Found another.
Attachments
Eighth_ruby_on_this_shelf_SAVE82.7z
(230.79 KiB) Downloaded 91 times