Win 64 0.7.91 quest disappears from list then reappears [RESOLVED]

jayhova

Win 64 0.7.91 quest disappears from list then reappears [RESOLVED]

Post by jayhova »

This behavior continues in the latest 2 revisions

quest N0B00Y08 (Looks like Nobody08 :D )

When taking this quest it appears in the list as normal. When I arrive in the quest location the quest disappears from the list. I cast sleep (actually a lesser version but it works), then the quest reappears and can be completed. The quest is replaced by 2 blank pages in the list.
Attachments
SAVE34.zip
(217.19 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

jayhova

Re: Win 64 0.7.91 quest disappears from list then reappears

Post by jayhova »

I have had this happen with two quests now and I found a youtube video that shows this bug in action so it's not just me. The bug only presents when the PC travels to a location in the quest. I had a quest to find 4 fake gold bricks. Whenever I would travel to the location where the brick was the quest log no longer showed the information as to which building. I would have to travel to a nearby city read the log and travel back.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/5m4y5MQVOBo?t=1547[/youtube]
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I will try to take a look at this one at the weekend. That does depend on having my internet connection fixed - been down for 2 days now. :( Using phone data for a bit of light browsing.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So this seems to be an exception in TalkManager when expanding a quest macro, assume it's a location macro. Not really sure why a building is being undiscovered, but my gut says this is to do with quests taking over a building for the duration. Not quite sure why that is being fired off from a macro, but if that macro is used in the journal message then it's going to kick off this code path when is shouldn't.

That's my guess anyway.. Interkarma & Nystul, what do you guys think?

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS.UndiscoverBuilding (Int32 buildingKey, Boolean onlyIfResidence) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/PlayerGPS.cs:936)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.TalkManager.UndiscoverQuestResidence (UInt64 questID, System.String resourceName, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.QuestResourceInfo questResourceInfo) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/TalkManager.cs:2525)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.TalkManager.AddDialogForQuestInfoResource (UInt64 questID, System.String resourceName, QuestInfoResourceType resourceType, Boolean instantRebuildTopicLists) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/TalkManager.cs:1818)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Utility.QuestMacroHelper.ExpandQuestMessage (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.Quest parentQuest, .Token[]& tokens, Boolean revealDialogLinks) (at Assets/Scripts/Utility/QuestMacroHelper.cs:100)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.Message.GetTextTokens (Int32 variant, Boolean expandMacros) (at Assets/Scripts/Game/Questing/Message.cs:168)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow.SetTextActiveQuests () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow.cs:510)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallQuestJournalWindow.cs:212)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallUI.cs:374)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Pretty sure my fix for viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2127 will also fix this. Please retest after the next builds, thanks.

Baler

Post by Baler »

This bug has also happened to me. I got my quest, checked my active quest log and then went outside checked my active quest log all normal. Upon arriving at the destination the active quest log was missing. I entered a tavern and the active quest log reappeared and stayed till completion.
(2019) May Build 0.7.146

Will test on the next live build.