Windows x64 PreAlpha 0.7.126 - Drop tables don't change/copy pasted [RESOLVED]

Khrome

Windows x64 PreAlpha 0.7.126 - Drop tables don't change/copy pasted [RESOLVED]

Post by Khrome »

Store inventories and loot drops never change, regardless how much time passes or where you are.

For example, the same loot pile in any dungeon will always give exactly the same loot (160 gold and pink tights for example).

The store inventory of the clothing store for example in the 'ring' of stores you find in most large cities (you know which one i mean) is identical in every city, at least in Daggerfall (the kingdom, not the city), no matter how many days are in between visits. The same goes for all the other stores in that ring, and also in stores in identical blocks in different cities (not sure how to explain this).

This kind of means i'm missing out on a lot of items, and i'm not sure how to fix it.

pango

Re: Windows x64 PreAlpha 0.7.126 - Drop tables don't change/copy pasted

Post by pango »

If you're using mods, it may be a duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1984

(Stored inventories too though? mmh)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Could you provided some saves please at different locations to compare. If you're using any mods, please disable them first.

Khrome

Post by Khrome »

Brainfart. I thought i had disabled the mods when i didn't (don't ask me how i didn't notice that).

Turns out AlexanderSig's mod is indeed the cause as Pango mentioned. Disabling it fixed the issue.

pango

Post by pango »

Can be closed as duplicate then.

I didn't notice shelves had the same issue as loot piles, but I suppose it's the same root cause.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I might take a look and try and trace exactly what's going wrong with asset injection.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I didn't find the source of this issue, but then I've run out of bank holiday now and I cannot be bothered to install the mod to trace.

However, one thing I did spot is that the object names created by asset injection differ from the standard names. They're "DaggerfallMesh[Replacement][ID ={0}]" rather than "DaggerfallMesh [ID={0}]" as generated from GetGoModelName() method. No idea if this is the issue here, probably not, but it will stop custom click handlers contributed to PlayerActivate from working with the injected models. (TheLacus, see discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1581&start=10)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods