Win 64 0.7.149 N0B10Y03 Quest giver non-responsive [NOT REPRODUCED]

Hazelnut

Re: Win 64 0.7.149 N0B10Y03 Quest giver non-responsive

Post by Hazelnut »

In DFU? I remember discussing that exploit and intended to ensure it was not present in DFU, as I consider it an unintended interaction between a gameworld system and an external system of save/load.

So either I didn't manage to do that (but have forgotten) or it doesn't work. Damn. :(
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

I can confirm that save/reload inside a guild after hours leaves it empty
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

jayhova wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 pm In a somewhat unrelated topic I have noticed that if I am in a building (Let's say the mage's guild) and the building is populated and it is after hours and I save, when I reload, the building will be empty. In theory this could be used as an exploit to save in a store after hours and then reload and steal everything.
You actually don't need to save and reload in classic to be able to steal everything in a store. If it's past hours, you can rob the shelves empty and the shopkeeper will passively watch :) Even better, if he's still around you can sell him his own stuff.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm
jayhova wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 pm In a somewhat unrelated topic I have noticed that if I am in a building (Let's say the mage's guild) and the building is populated and it is after hours and I save, when I reload, the building will be empty. In theory this could be used as an exploit to save in a store after hours and then reload and steal everything.
You actually don't need to save and reload in classic to be able to steal everything in a store. If it's past hours, you can rob the shelves empty and the shopkeeper will passively watch :) Even better, if he's still around you can sell him his own stuff.
OKay good I was worried we might be creating an exploit, but if it was in classic....
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Re: Win 64 0.7.149 N0B10Y03 Quest giver non-responsive [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Interkarma »

I just completed this quest normally in two different ways:
  1. Accepting quest and loitering inside of guild until 3am had passed then handing in quest.
  2. Accepting quest then leaving to rest in a nearby tavern. Protected guild from just after midnight to 3am. Left and slept at inn again util after 11am. Returned and handed in quest.
More specific steps may be needed to reproduce, but from what I can see quest plays out normally provided player completes everything within the 1 day allocated.

jayhova

Re: Win 64 0.7.149 N0B10Y03 Quest giver non-responsive [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by jayhova »

Pretty sure this was the fault of me missing a deadline or otherwise screwing up the quest.

I've gotten similar results from accidentally picking up quest items and violating the quest. I would suggest some sort of thing that gives a warning before violating the quest similar to this is private property dialog box. As it happens you see a ting on the floor click it to see what it is and boom failed quest and you're kicked out of the mages guild.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.