0.10.10 - Dispel Magic cast on self dispels previously set recall anchor [RESOLVED 0.14]

Leeux

0.10.10 - Dispel Magic cast on self dispels previously set recall anchor [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Leeux »

Not sure if this is a legit issue at all... just found out in my game. I'm hesitant to call it an issue due to my ignorance of the classic game's rules in this regard.

Several times in past sessions, for some reason my recalls were being forgotten and I wasn't sure if there was a new bug introduced in the core or was something else and I didn't want to false report without having more concrete info... besides, for some of the times I wasn't sure if I had forgotten to set the anchor at all.

Just it occurred to me that it might be related to me starting to use Dispell Magic on myself to get rid of any pending effects from long duration spells, like Light or Levitate.

And I was able to confirm by a simple test, I made sure to cast Recall->Anchor before leaving for a quest. Before resting I saved the game and made sure the recall anchor was still there, then reloaded casted Dispel and tried to recall again and this time got the message "An anchor must be set before you can teleport."

Interkarma

Re: Dispel Magic cast on self dispels previously set recall anchor

Post by Interkarma »

I can see how that would happen and I think this should be guarded against. I'll tag this into bug reports and add a mechanism to exclude Teleport effect.

Thanks for letting me know!

Interkarma

Re: 0.10.10 - Dispel Magic cast on self dispels previously set recall anchor [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

I've changed how Teleport effect persists anchor position. This is now serialized as part of PlayerEntity rather than with effect. Change is backwards compatible and will migrate a saved anchor when loaded from an older save file.

Teleport anchor can no longer be dispelled even if bundled with other effects.