0.10.12 - Spell Points Drop Upon Save/Reload And Travel [RESOLVED 0.10.20]

TechnoWolf

0.10.12 - Spell Points Drop Upon Save/Reload And Travel [RESOLVED 0.10.20]

Post by TechnoWolf »

I'm playing in Alpha 0.10.12 and have just noticed an anomaly only after making several Magic Items which boost spell points.
My character currently has a baseline of 240 SP. This is without any additional magic buffs. I had taken the "Increased Magery 3X INT In Spell Points" perk at character creation. I've made the following Magic Items which boost SP:
Amulet with Extra spell pts during Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Amulet with Extra spell pts during Half Moon and New Moon. Bracelet with Extra spell pts during Full Moon.
Here's where I believe there's a bug. I should ALWAYS have more than my baseline of 240 SP if only due to the extra during all seasons of the year. If I rest until fully healed, my SP is 315 and my SP bar looks full. If I save the game right at that point, with 315 SP and then reload that same save, I always have less SP and must rest until fully healed again to replenish the spell points back to 315. This seems to always happen, without exception. Nothing seems to correct the SP except sleeping, including removing and then re-equipping the magic items. I'm attaching a save to demonstrate this.
I should also note that this same behavior additionally manifests when map traveling to another location.
Attachments
SAVE5.zip
(372.77 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by TechnoWolf on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: BUG: Spell Points Drop Upon Save/Reload And Travel

Post by Interkarma »

The issue here is that spell effects are restored after character state. It is saving the correct spell point value with character state, but the enhanced maximum value doesn't become active until after character state is restored so it becomes truncated.

This isn't the desired behaviour. I'll move to bug reports so it can be fixed later.

JorisVanEijden

Re: 0.10.12 - Spell Points Drop Upon Save/Reload And Travel

Post by JorisVanEijden »

I created two pull requests for this one:
1. https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1680
2. https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1681

Either one fixes this bug, but both can be applied.
The 1st one brings Magicka behaviour in line with Health and Fatigue behaviour.
The 2nd one applies constant effects when they are loaded rather than wait for the next update.

pango

Re: 0.10.12 - Spell Points Drop Upon Save/Reload And Travel

Post by pango »

I assume this is fixed since 0.10.21?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart