Please use the search feature to check if your bug has already been raised, either in Bug Reports or Resolved.
One Bug Per Topic
Please create a new topic for each individual bug and include your platform and build number. Include a good summary of bug in the topic title. Just saying "bugged" or "broken" is not a helpful summary.
Bug Or Not Implemented?
Daggerfall Unity is a live work in progress. If a feature is missing or only partially implemented, please do not assume this is a bug. If in doubt about the status of a feature, check the Roadmap, or ask in the Help & Support forum.
Are Mods Enabled?
Are you running with any mods enabled? If so, please test again without any mods to confirm problem remains. If a mod seems to be the cause, try to narrow down to a specific mod and post to the mod creator's thread in Released Mods forum.
If you are a mod creator and problem appears to be something in the Daggerfall Unity core or its modding system, please escalate to Bug Reports for specific bugs or Modder Discussion if some general help is needed first to identify if this is a bug or not.
Providing Good Feedback
Please follow the below guidelines when submitting bug reports:
- Let us know which platform and build you are using in topic title. The Live Builds page lists builds by platform, version, and build date. Telling me "Windows x64 0.7.146" informs me exactly the build you're using. Please don't say "latest build" or similar, we need to know the exact version you're running. Reports that don't mention their version number will moved out of bug reports.
- Summarise the problem in topic title. Just saying "bugged" or "broken" is not a helpful summary. Reports that do not have a good summary in topic title will be moved out of bug reports.
- Provide a clear description of problem in report body and how it doesn't match expected outcome. Attach screenshots if possible.
- Provide steps to reproduce problem if possible, or at least a general description of what happened leading up to bug.
- Attach a save game as close as possible to bug with your post. See below for finding save games.
- If asked, provide your player log, system specs, etc. that may relate to issue. See below for finding player log.
Persistent Data Path
The persistent data path stores your save games, INI settings file, keybinds, and log files. Following is where to find your persistent data path by platform. You may need to show hidden files to locate this path.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity
/home/username/.config/unity3d/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity
/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Daggerfall Workshop/Daggerfall Unity
Finding Player Log
The player log file is in a different place depending on platform. You can also refer to this Unity manual page in case the following is no longer correct.
Your output_log.txt file will be in your PersistentDataPath from live builds #124 and later.
Your Player.log file will be in your PersistentDataPath folder.
Your Player.log file will be in the following path: /Users/Username/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
Your save games can be found in PersistentDataPath\Saves. Each save is placed in a numbered folder. To identify which folder contains the save you're looking for, check top-right of screenshot in save/load UI. For example SAVE2 will be in folder PersistentDataPath\Saves\SAVE2. Note in Windows versions, you can click the SAVE# in top-right of screenshot to open save folder directly.
Zip the appropriate save folder before attaching to your post.