0.10.19 - Post quest "resting" drops rep 144 points at once

Dubiousintent

0.10.19 - Post quest "resting" drops rep 144 points at once

Post by Dubiousintent »

DFU alpha v0.10.19: Completed a "Guard the Guild" quest to protect a magic "long shirt" for the mages. I did take up and then drop the quest item within the Midnight to 3AM time frame (but did not equip it), and checked my rep was unchanged after the period elapsed. (This was a repeat performance to create save files. I had previously encountered that the rep hit for holding the item outside of the guard time was immediate.)

Because of the reload, there were no guild members present, so I left and returned to my Tavern room, trained magic skills, rechecked my guild rep was at 44, saved, and then "rested for 7 hours". Immediately upon waking found that my rep was "-68". Not believing my eyes, I closed the paperdoll and checked again and now it was "-100", so I saved again. It remained at "-100". Apparently I had managed to catch the "negative effect" in the act.

Unfortunately I do not have a save file from prior to picking up the quest item, as it didn't occur to me it might be "cursed" and I was using "quicksaves".

Mods.json and Save files attached.
Attachments
MG Rep 44 prior rest.7z
(203.57 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
MG Rep -100 post rest.7z
(230.61 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Mods.7z
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Interkarma

Re: Bug?: Post quest "resting" drops rep 144 points at once

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for saves. I thought this one was resolved, but sounds like other factors at work than just the previously identified problem. I'll move this one into the bug queue.

JorisVanEijden

Re: 0.10.19 - Post quest "resting" drops rep 144 points at once

Post by JorisVanEijden »

I have no cause or solution yet, I just wanted to write down my observations so far.

From the NotebookData.txt it shows that it ended that quest 108 times.
First 27 times exactly ever 10 minutes between 06:33:54 and 10:53:54.
Then 81 times almost every second between 10:53:57 and 10:55:48

In the QuestData.txt the quest (uid 33568164) is NOT marked complete, but the two actions ending the quest are.

An that's a bit weird about the quest itself, it has two "end quest" actions based on the same timer.
_oneday_ is a timer for a single task: "end quest"
That same timer is used in _questdone_ to end the quest if you've not "stolen" the item.
Maybe the two "end quest" actions during the same tick cancel eachother out?

I have not been able to reproduce this in the current (0.10.22) dev version without any mods.
The quest did end twice, but not more.

So I've created a PR for that at least: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1760

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

This was already fixed in the last build after the endquest action was fixed to not be rearmable, or so I thought anyway. Did you confirm you could reproduce the issue in 0.10.21 build?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

JorisVanEijden

Post by JorisVanEijden »

Ah, that is probably why I couldn't reproduce it.
The double quest ending in that quest does need to be fixed though. Otherwise you get the failed quest penalty twice.