Build #107 - Enemy that spawn upon resting may be unkillable [RESOLVED]

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 - Enemy that spawn upon resting may be unkillable

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 pm
Prester Lewin wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm Could she be part of a trap in the vanilla game in that dungeon or that quest? Bethesda wouldn't have made her invincible, though, would they?
Nah, no invincibility flag exists in Daggerfall. Even if there were, it hasn't been implemented in DFU either :)
This is correct. I'm not sure what could make an enemy unkillable outside of a special case in quest system (listening for "injured aFoe" will absorb first hit so quest action can fire properly). For a general enemy like this with no QuestResourceBehaviour and empty questResource data, I'm not sure what could cause this.

I'll loop back and look at the save when I can. Provided the save reproduces problem for me, it should be easy to fix now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Having a look at this one now. Problem does appear related to quest system pinning enemy alive, waiting for a quest trigger that's never going to happen.

It appears the enemy was incorrectly allocated a QuestResourceBehaviour while not being involved with any quests. I'm working on discovering root cause now.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Fixed now. Issue was that CreateFoeGameObjects() was being shared by both quest system and FoeSpawner (e.g. resting spawns). Under certain conditions the enemy could be tagged as a quest resource with no matching quest information. The spawn was basically waiting for "permission to die" from quest system, which would never come because foe wasn't really part of any quest.

Anyway, I've fixed both the root cause and added a check to auto-fix when loading an affected save. This will prevent resting spawns from becoming immortal for this reason.