Build #107 - Can climb up enemies [RESOLVED]

BlueBolt

Build #107 - Can climb up enemies [RESOLVED]

Post by BlueBolt »

This is a funny one I stumbled on by accident. Incidentally it happened in conjunction with the Immortal Enemy bug as well.

I discovered that walking/running against an enemy long enough will let you climb up them. Being surrounded by enemies makes it easier to pull off.

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 - Can climb up enemies

Post by Interkarma »

Haha nice one! Thanks for report. :)

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Seems like it's also way too sensitive to trigger on walls. If you brush up against walls while running through dungeon tunnels or searching for secret doors, it triggers climbing. It was much harder in original (some might say too hard). Ideally, your character should have to be facing the wall almost impassably for it to trigger.

pango

Re: Build #107 - Can climb up enemies [RESOLVED]

Post by pango »

I think that one can be closed for good, I do remember climbing being too easily triggered, but now you can click while sliding on walls to search for secret doors just fine, climbing does not trigger anymore.

And about climbing on enemies, it happened to me too, in the wilderness I climbed on a dragonling; as I was on top and it was attacking we started to both fly away, but since I was taking damage I killed it so it didn't last for very long. So until somebody finds a problem with that, I consider it a feature :wink:
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I just tried and you can still do what the bug report says, climb up an enemy by walking against it. So, this isn't resolved.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I believe this bug was specifically for "climbing mode" climbing over enemies, is this what you're experiencing? There used to be code to prevent climbing mode on enemies, but could have been lost during recent refactor.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Yeah, what happens if you walk up against an enemy is that "Climbing Mode" activates and you climb up them. I tested with the Advanced Climbing System option on, let me test without it and see if it happens.

Edit: Happens also without Advanced Climbing System.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks, I'll reopen this one then.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I didn't get around to reopening sorry, but I have pushed a fix for this now. It will be in next round of builds.