Build #107 Multiplying Quest target enemies? [NOT A BUG]

WilliamHCleric

Build #107 Multiplying Quest target enemies? [NOT A BUG]

Post by WilliamHCleric »

Hello Im new to the forums and ive been following this project for a while. i was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this bug yet so let me explain. so for example the radiant fighters guild quest Giant slaying has some issues with enemy spawn rate. i went to the quest objective via randomly chosen dungeon slayed it and a gazzillion other gaints spawned afterwards and continued to spawn new giants after i had slain the one quest giant. :?: any thoughts or ideas?

Interkarma

Re: Build #107 Multiplying Quest target enemies?

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

This one is definitely not a bug. When you locate the giant and strike it, the quest scripts displays the following text (emphasis mine).
<ce> The giant roars in pain. You hear
<ce> the sound of heavy footsteps coming
<ce> towards you. Perhaps the giant
<ce> invited a few friends over for dinner...
Internally, the script is executing the following:

Code: Select all

_S.02_ task:
	injured _giant_ 
	create foe _F.01_ every 2 minutes 6 times with 100% success 
	say 1030 
Besides showing the popup text when injuring the main giant, it will spawn an additional giant every 2 game minutes up to 6 times before that "create foe" command runs dry. They will continue to harass player back out of the dungeon, outside, and all the way back to town until either 6 giants have spawned or you turn in the quest. It's a bit brutal for such a low-level quest.

But it's definitely working as scripted. It's plays out exactly the same way in classic as well.