Build #110 - "create foe" quest action spawns enemies outside of schedule [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Build #110 - "create foe" quest action spawns enemies outside of schedule [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

So I think you know about this one already, but if I'm getting this theives guild quest then other are too.
So this quest lasts a few months if you dont rest or fast travel, and everytime you load, like 7 guys spawn.
So if your a new guy, bad things, especially if you lvl up, and need a good roll.
All you can really do is maybe ride it out until it ends, fast travel, rest, or purge quest..
But riding it out is pretty hard, its fun, but hard..
Actually its insane, I love it, but I'm thinking others are gonna wig..

I figured I should add, this quest is part of the quest pack by Jay_H, its not part of default DFU that I know of.

P.s. Jay_H quests are some of the most original, and just plain fun quests in DFU as anyone who has actually played them can tell you, so hopefully you guys can get this stuff working right (I'll keep checking), and I realize it may take awhile, so maybe leave this up here till it's fixed incase others get whooped by it too.
Last edited by Midknightprince on Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Re: Sacrificial lamb spawning enemies everytime you load

Post by Jay_H »

Specifically it's JHTG001.

Midknightprince

I thought I put this in bug reports, should I move it ?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I moved this topic here. Bug reports are for problems with Daggerfall Unity core. Anything to do with add-ons like mods or optional quests should be a discussion with the author of that add-on. :)

Midknightprince

Okay, got it.
Sorry about that.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I really would consider this a matter of DFU engine. This quest is the clearest example of it, but this'll happen every time someone loads a game while a "create foe" trigger is active. The Lord K'avar quest will be another example, once it's working.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's helpful, thank you Jay.

Interkarma

Re: Build #110 - "create foe" quest action spawns enemies outside of schedule

Post by Interkarma »

Now that I better understand the problem, I've found 2x cases where "create foe" would trigger outside of intended schedule. I've fixed both of these and it will be in next round of builds. The timer is now saved/loaded and should always continue as scheduled once underway.

As an unrelated fix, I found that "play sound" was losing the audio clip on load. Added a fix for this so that Lysandus can cry for vengeance in Daggerfall again.

Midknightprince

Re: Build #110 - "create foe" quest action spawns enemies outside of schedule

Interkarma wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:18 pm Now that I better understand the problem, I've found 2x cases where "create foe" would trigger outside of intended schedule. I've fixed both of these and it will be in next round of builds. The timer is now saved/loaded and should always continue as scheduled once underway.

As an unrelated fix, I found that "play sound" was losing the audio clip on load. Added a fix for this so that Lysandus can cry for vengeance in Daggerfall again.
Thank you !
Can't wait to check it out.

Interkarma

Re: Build #110 - "create foe" quest action spawns enemies outside of schedule [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

No problems. I'm sorry for the hassle, I don't always understand where a problem is coming from. I try to get there in the end though. :)