Quest Editor

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
haloterm

Re: Quest Editor [0.16.0]

Post by haloterm »

Still have errors on the symbols because they're not visible to dftemplate obviously. The ability to define custom keys would work, but if it's possible to right click and ignore it that would be even better. I wouldn't complain if you left this though, I can certainly live with the occasional symbol error because I know they're valid.
It would be cool if maybe a yellow warning could be shown, with the hint "make sure you defined the symbols properly" (like e.g. custom cities defined in the C# file).

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 0.17.0 is available with some fixes. Another update will follow. :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:20 pm Still have errors on the symbols because they're not visible to dftemplate obviously. The ability to define custom keys would work, but if it's possible to right click and ignore it that would be even better. I wouldn't complain if you left this though, I can certainly live with the occasional symbol error because I know they're valid.
What do you think of an annotation (potentially added automatically with right click action), like show in screenshot?

annotation.jpg
annotation.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 13087 times

It's implemented as a comment so is ignored by the compiler, but persists on the script file as a self remainder that is not a validated keyword, also for contributors if you put it on github.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That will work. I assume it would be required before each individual statement? Or would it cover until next empty line?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hi TheLacus!

First, thank you very much for your quest editor. It is truly helpful and boosts productivity a lot. :)

While testing which macros worked in quest messages, I noticed the following strings that are not recognized by the Quest Editor, but which work in-game.

%cn2 -- First city name in alphabetical order of your current region. Used once for a random joke. The city is always the same.
%ct -- Current location type. (village/city/hamlet/farm/shrine, etc.)
%dip -- The days you spent in prison during your last stay.
%lp -- Local-province. The province of Tamriel you're in. (High Rock/Hammerfell)
%nt -- Nearby tavern. Shows a random tavern inside the exterior location you're in. Note : Quest will not parse if no taverns are present
%spt -- Maximum magicka

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

Any chance of a new release for 0.11.4?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I uploaded a new version; this is a small update with KaB's contributions (thanks again for that one). I haven't got the time to make progresses on new features or to address other feedback here, but i appreciate it! I'll be sure to update macros for the next update.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Any help at all is much appreciated, thanks TheLacus :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Cliffworms wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:55 am Hi TheLacus!

First, thank you very much for your quest editor. It is truly helpful and boosts productivity a lot. :)

While testing which macros worked in quest messages, I noticed the following strings that are not recognized by the Quest Editor, but which work in-game.

%cn2 -- First city name in alphabetical order of your current region. Used once for a random joke. The city is always the same.
%ct -- Current location type. (village/city/hamlet/farm/shrine, etc.)
%dip -- The days you spent in prison during your last stay.
%lp -- Local-province. The province of Tamriel you're in. (High Rock/Hammerfell)
%nt -- Nearby tavern. Shows a random tavern inside the exterior location you're in. Note : Quest will not parse if no taverns are present
%spt -- Maximum magicka
Thanks for the detailed report! Does the issue with %nt macro still applies? I think it should be handled more gracefully, i would consider it a bug.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hi! Sorry for the delay. I've been a bit busy with other projects.

I tried it again. Somehow, the string worked in the wilderness at game start, showing only the word "tavern".
When I tried to run the quest that would show the string again, it did not parse. It showed this message in the quest debug :

Code: Select all

[Strings] Error in quest follows. Terminating quest runtime.
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Then again, it's not really an issue that it does not parse when there are no taverns present. I see it being useful in some filler dialogue for quests that take place strictly in cities or other location types that have taverns. :)