Quest Editor

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Syntax highlighting

Post by Jay_H »

Nah, I can live with it. Thanks for the help so far :) All this is making quests take 20-30% of the time they used to.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

When I try to rename quest symbols using F2, I try to change them like this: _cave_ -> _dungeon_. But the editor removes the underscores, so _cave_ just becomes dungeon.

Also, I'm getting green underlines when trying to use a =reward_ variant for _reward_, which is a gold amount. It tells me =reward_ is not a valid variation for type 'Item.'

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:48 am When I try to rename quest symbols using F2, I try to change them like this: _cave_ -> _dungeon_. But the editor removes the underscores, so _cave_ just becomes dungeon.
An unfortunate regression due to a change of the way symbols are detected, thank you for informing me.
Jay_H wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:48 am Also, I'm getting green underlines when trying to use a =reward_ variant for _reward_, which is a gold amount. It tells me =reward_ is not a valid variation for type 'Item.'
I followed Tipton table from the docs which missed this one. Thank you for the report. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

On rare occasions I use ____person_ symbol as a location, which refers to the region _person_ is found in (four underscores). I'm getting green underlines for it, not recognizing it as a valid usage.

Usage: _person_ is in ____person_ -> King Eadwyre is in Wayrest.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 0.4.0 is out.
A big thank you to Jay_H which keeps providing important feedback. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you for continuing to work on it :) Some particular things that grab my attention before I open the box:
Introduced support for quest list tables.
Man, you didn't even have to do that! That's going the extra mile :D
Fixed regression which caused incorrect symbol renaming.
Great! Up until now I was just using "Rename All Occurrences," but this'll make it even easier (and avoid mistakes by old habit).

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 pm
Introduced support for quest list tables.
Man, you didn't even have to do that! That's going the extra mile :D
This should allow to see quest lists with comment highlighting (not much else to highlight) without the false positive errors. Instead of disabling diagnostics i decided to parse the schema definition and do a simple check on parameters.
It would be nice to also have completion proposals for group and membership, but the extension need access to the complete list of values which are harcoded in the game as enums.

@Interkarma
restore npc uses the pattern restore npc (?<anNPC>[a-zA-Z0-9_.-]+) but all quests use restore _npc_. Tipton docs also uses restore anNPC. Is this an intended change to allow other kinds of restore?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

TheLacus wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:11 pm restore npc uses the pattern restore npc (?<anNPC>[a-zA-Z0-9_.-]+) but all quests use restore _npc_. Tipton docs also uses restore anNPC. Is this an intended change to allow other kinds of restore?
Likely just an error on my part. I've added to my high priority list to review. Thanks for letting me know.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Trying to use the "named" parameter when defining a quest NPC produces red underlines. Here's an example:

Code: Select all

Person _crow_ named The_Crow faction The_Crow male

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:54 pm
TheLacus wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:11 pm restore npc uses the pattern restore npc (?<anNPC>[a-zA-Z0-9_.-]+) but all quests use restore _npc_. Tipton docs also uses restore anNPC. Is this an intended change to allow other kinds of restore?
Likely just an error on my part. I've added to my high priority list to review. Thanks for letting me know.
I've made this change now. Mistake was on my part, but to be fair the opposite pattern is "hide npc", so it makes sense to be "restore npc". In any case, both patterns are accepted now for "restore npc [anNPC]|restore [anNPC]". :)