Cant complete thieves guild entry

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Captain Cagle

Cant complete thieves guild entry

Post by Captain Cagle »

I got the letter for entering the thieves guild which told me to go to yeomcroft manor then to hearthston residence which was about 7 regions away from me and didnt tell me which region it was in so I had to ctrl+f every region until I found it but no problem I figure it out and head over to the residence. Luckily the residence was pretty easy to find so I go in, search the house, find a pile of clothes which I thought had the shirt I needed to steal for the quest but nope, just some gold. I searched the house roughly 10 times even going so far as to check behind doors to make sure ive missed nothing and no dice. There doesnt seem to be anything at all to complete this quest. I remember reading that the thieves guild quest was buggy but I thought it was fixed so correct me if im wrong or help me out if you can, thanks.

Kamer

Re: Cant complete thieves guild entry

Post by Kamer »

I want to say all quests should take place in the Region you got the quest.

Captain Cagle

Post by Captain Cagle »

Well unless there was another yeomcroft with a hearthstron residence in it that didnt show up when I ctrl + f'ed it then it wasnt. (not sarcasm I genuinely have no clue how this game works)

Captain Cagle

Post by Captain Cagle »

Also I forgot but I had a very similar issue where I was told to go to a town and white jug inn to meet the chick from the first main quest mission and she just wasnt there. at all.

Captain Cagle

Post by Captain Cagle »

Upon further inspection there genuinely was another yeomcroft manor in the region I was in that I didnt see due to me only typing "yeom" and finding yeomford farmstead. no clue about the main quest though

Captain Cagle

Post by Captain Cagle »

Kamer wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm I want to say all quests should take place in the Region you got the quest.
Figured both problems out. It was all just due to my blunder and unfamiliarity with the game. Thanks for prompting me to question it further.