I made a huge mistake. / Build suggestions?

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
dashyr89

I made a huge mistake. / Build suggestions?

Post by dashyr89 »

Accepted a quest to help somebody break a curse... except she only told me after I accepted that we would be assaulted every few hours by skeletons. I mean, from there I wasn't too worried. Skeletons every couple of hours? Manageable... Except that.. it pretty much is every 1-2 hours. Had to sleep a night at the inn since I am using the tedious travel mod... There is currently 15 skeletons remains in the room and they keep coming everytime I try to sleep.......

Is there a way to tone that down, cancel the quest or kill the person myself to stop this madness? Skeletons blocks most of my hits so each of them can take me a whole minute to defeat..... 15 remains... so yeah... Getting on my nerves a bit. I kind of enjoy the free loot but this is complete lunacy.
Last edited by dashyr89 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alphaTECH

Re: I made a huge mistake.

Post by alphaTECH »

Slog it out. Ride to the next town, sleep for an hour or two, run away from the skellydoots, ride to the next town, rinse and repeat until you break the curse. It'll be a quest to remember :twisted:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Open up the quest debugger and find the quest that's affecting you. I'm willing to bet it's JHIM006. When you see that quest in the debugger, open the console with ` and type:
enddebugquest
That will end the quest for you.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Helegad wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:56 am Slog it out. Ride to the next town, sleep for an hour or two, run away from the skellydoots, ride to the next town, rinse and repeat until you break the curse. It'll be a quest to remember :twisted:
You sir are evil!

I do not even want to imagine what it would look like if I go to the very dungeon the curse is from. Keep in mind I am level 2... so im still wondering how to hell I am able to sustain these constant attacks... I keep scraping by thanks to my healing spell... XD

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:57 am Open up the quest debugger and find the quest that's affecting you. I'm willing to bet it's JHIM006. When you see that quest in the debugger, open the console with ` and type:
enddebugquest
That will end the quest for you.
I'll take my chances and try to get rid of that damn curse. If it proves to be a dead end due to the low level of my character. I will definatly do that. Thank you a lot. :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

This is the benefit and drawback of Tedious Travel. It makes those kind of effects actually matter.

I had the same thing, except needing to get an item into a dungeon while pursued by orcs. Everytime I went to sleep in an inn, orcs burst into the room. THis was on a low level mage, which could barely handle a skeleton. I had to "git gud" or make a new character. I figured out a lot of tricks with that character during that night of "rest" :D

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:23 am This is the benefit and drawback of Tedious Travel. It makes those kind of effects actually matter.

I had the same thing, except needing to get an item into a dungeon while pursued by orcs. Everytime I went to sleep in an inn, orcs burst into the room. THis was on a low level mage, which could barely handle a skeleton. I had to "git gud" or make a new character. I figured out a lot of tricks with that character during that night of "rest" :D
At least, as a mage. You can actually hit them. xD

I'm wondering... What the hell happens in the lobby of the inn? Do the skeleton walk in asking "Hey, bro! Where is the funny Dark Elf with the big ass elven sword?" and the innkeeper is like "Oh, room number 2. Good day sir!". I mean, if you try to apply logic to this insanity... Taking into account, ignoring they are undead, these skeletons would have to climb the god damn fortifications during nighttime and yet everybody is cool with that like nothing happened. I want to murder the entire inn now LMAO.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

I FINALLY arrive at the goddamn dungeon. Mods are hell btw. Before arriving I stopped at an inn. Walked in and there was a goddamn bear inside. I ran out and it followed me. The guards stood there, staring at me like complete twits, while I was running away and screaming like a madman flailing my sword around. Only for them to get pissed when I accidentally blew up a citizen with a fireball. Then the guards turned on me "HALT! HALT!" with the fucking bear still trying to rip me a new one. Needless to say I had to surrender to get out of this mess. Hopefully I could still do t- oh fuck... spending half a year in prison. RIP quest... At least I won't have t- *Gets jumped by the bear in town.....*

Anyway, I reached the blasted dungeon. Better not be filled of deadra or I swear to god I am going to crank that destruction up.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah... you are getting a bit worked over by the mods here. I have had a couple of similar experiences. I am guessing you are either using Ironman Systems or Warm Ashes? Or both.

I recently turned off the Ironman Systems setting that makes enemies follow you in/out of buildings and dungeons. It caused too much weird behaviour.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:01 am Yeah... you are getting a bit worked over by the mods here. I have had a couple of similar experiences. I am guessing you are either using Ironman Systems or Warm Ashes? Or both.

I recently turned off the Ironman Systems setting that makes enemies follow you in/out of buildings and dungeons. It caused too much weird behaviour.
I'll probably turn off that setting because yeah... its a bit weird that a bear gets teleported in the inn because he started running after me 200 meters away.

Well, I found the situation hilarious and it escalated to a ridiculous level. Would probably look hilarious on youtube or something but for the purpose of my playthrough.... definatly going to disable that. Whoever made that mod seriously needs to make some adjustments.