I made a huge mistake. / Build suggestions?

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Ralzar

Re: I made a huge mistake.

Post by Ralzar »

My weiredst experiences have been that I pacified a bunch of enemies in a dungeon. THen when I leave the dungeon, they all follow me in a clump of enemies that starts fighting between themselves. I had a ghost in flying around the sunlight with 5 humanoids running under it and shooting at it with bows.
And once they get transported with me, they forget the pacification, so I had to fight the survivors.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am My weiredst experiences have been that I pacified a bunch of enemies in a dungeon. THen when I leave the dungeon, they all follow me in a clump of enemies that starts fighting between themselves. I had a ghost in flying around the sunlight with 5 humanoids running under it and shooting at it with bows.
And once they get transported with me, they forget the pacification, so I had to fight the survivors.
Another mistake I made... I thought poison was considered magic... thus spells and took spell absorbsion instead of immunity. Just gave my character a massive weakness with both desease and poison. xD Well, character is awesome otherwise so I guess I'll just get a couple restoration spell and learn to live with it. Firgured since I always open fights with magic, absorbsion would be great. (IMO, better for a magic heavy character.)

What do you think? Should I patch this issue or am I right to think I can probably work around it?

https://imgur.com/a/ZL5krQv

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's one of the changes patched out: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes2Mod:Dagger ... to_Magicka

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Nah, the character looks fine. Allthough it looks like you just tried to game the system ;)

I'd advice you to make an RP build instead. THe game is a complete cakewalk with a min/maxed character.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:46 pm Nah, the character looks fine. Allthough it looks like you just tried to game the system ;)

I'd advice you to make an RP build instead. THe game is a complete cakewalk with a min/maxed character.
I have no idea how to build a good spellsword without cheesing it a bit. Thing is... to be able to work my thing I wanted spell absorbsion and 3x magery... Perhaps I could still cut it with lower magery but if I dont have enough magicka capacity it wont work.... And if I didn't cheese it a bit.. I would be leveling so slowly it would take forever.

Do you have an example of a decent spellsword that wouldnt cheese it too much? Online sources are kind of sparse.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I made a spellsword build for my permadeath series: https://youtu.be/9Jpu2ngd8nc?t=3007

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:46 pm Nah, the character looks fine. Allthough it looks like you just tried to game the system ;)

Given that I basicly gave myself a massive vulnerability to poison and disease... And that absorbsion actually needs some planning. (Not even mentioning that if I am attacked by multiple magic users... it might not even manage to absorb all...) I don't think it is as broken... Now if I had taken magic IMMUNITY that would be a whole other story. I fucked up trying to cheese it and I basicly end up with a build that can die from a single poison attack... The base idea was to try and emulate a spellsword with the athronach sign in morrowind... I feel I went pretty close. I originally wanted to add the stunted magicka but since you basicly get no potions early on it would just piss me off more than necessary.

dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Ended up creating a thief / somewhat assassin-ish.

Race: Khajiit

Primary: Short Blade, Lockpicking, Sneak

Major: Backstabbing, Critical Strike, Illusion

Minor: Streetwise, Mercantile, Mysticism, Running, Climbing, Archery

Stats: STR 62, INT 75, WIL 40, AGI 75, END 54, PER 42, SPD 60, LUC 40

Advantages: Expertise in Short Blade, Increased Magery 2X, Adrenaline Rush, Regenerate Health in Darkness

Disadvantages: Forbidden Weapons: Long Blade, Blunt and Axe, Forbidden Material: Orchish, Forbidden Armor Type: Plate, Darkness Powered Magery: Lowered Ability in Daylight, Critical Weakness to Diseases.

Note: So yeah, I've kept magic schools to a minimum. Illusion to help early on with bad sneak and later on with difficult enemies. And mysticism because Recall rules. Made my character a "Night Cat-Man". Should help out with dungeon and reduce considerably the resting time I need thus exposing myself to less encounter where I get jumped. Adrenaline Rush because yeah... better chance to land a killing hit before he does is always something when you don't rely on pure damage. No idea how this is going to turn out so... Yeah... What do you think?

Ralzar

Re: I made a huge mistake. / Build suggestions?

Post by Ralzar »

That looks like a pretty cool, viable build :)

dashyr89

Re: I made a huge mistake. / Build suggestions?

Post by dashyr89 »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:45 pm That looks like a pretty cool, viable build :)
Well... ends up boring... When I made this build I expect different tier of leather (Studded, boiled..... etc) and chain armor (Perhaps Mithril chain armor or elven chain armor.....) to exist... But no... appearantly I just gated myself from 80% of the armor types and I am stuck with the second worse one....

I mean... makes kind of sense that a thief would be using a less cumbersome armor from a roleplay perspective... (Good luck being stealthy in full plate.) but it kind of strip me from a nice feeling of progression. :(

Perhaps something modders could consider expanding....

Also cannot find a temple of arkay so far wich is my pick of diety... I'd love to find one so I can start working on my access to potions... Otherwise... without restoration magic to back myself off... im kind of boned if I get poisoned. I somehow feel this game is heavily stacked against anything but a character with restoration magic.