Bugged quest target in dungeon.

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Seferoth

Bugged quest target in dungeon.

Post by Seferoth »

So, was supposed to find a missing scholar from the dungeon, well i did find him...levitating in the air at unreachable place.
Edit: Managed to get to him though, found a lever that brought a floating platform under him, still it was nearly impossible to get to him. I had to climb in a very specific spot at the wall near the roof and jump so i would pretty much glitch a little bit through the roof so i could get a maximum jump from the wall. Well, quest completed at least.
Attachments
Buggedquest.jpg
Buggedquest.jpg (316.44 KiB) Viewed 2358 times
Last edited by Seferoth on Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Re: Bugged quest target in dungeon.

Post by Ralzar »

Picture not working.
Note: you can attack pictures directly to your post. There's a tab below the text field marked "Attachments".

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Oh, do you see it now?
Edit: It's a bit dark(my dungeons are), but watch closely and you see the quest target floating in the air.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Do you still have a save from this dungeon? Then we can inspect the exact game state: which quest was involved, which dungeon you were in, where the marker is, and where target is relative to assigned marker. All that good stuff. :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:55 pm Do you still have a save from this dungeon? Then we can inspect the exact game state: which quest was involved, which dungeon you were in, where the marker is, and where target is relative to assigned marker. All that good stuff. :)
No, i don't have the save anymore, i don't think this is really a bug though now that i think about it. I mean pulling a lever did bring a platform under him...AND i might have pulled another level before that, so he might had stand on it from the start, that does not change the fact that getting to him was near impossible without levitation, but the keyword here was NEAR impossible, i did get to him eventually by jumping from the wall. I doubt there is anything to be done there, game just happened to spawn that quest target to very unfortunate location.

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

I recognize that room, I think. Spiraling hallways around it, lever on either side (both of which move the bridge) a throne ramp on the floor at the bottom. Sound right?

Every time I've gotten a dungeon with that room, there's been a treasure pile floating where your quest target appeared. Very frustrating, because the bridge doesn't go all the way across -- when it's in position A, it joins up with a "plank" (flying buttress? I dunno) on either side to make a full bridge. But you can't get any goodies in position A. And lever it to position B, and it's too far away from either side to make the jump. Sure, you can levitate, but if you're gonna do that, why have the bridge?

I even tried moving the bridge to position A, standing on it, and trying to remotely activate the lever (shoot it with an arrow and telekinesis were the only things I thought of) in the hopes it would drag me sideways to the goodies. No joy.

Very strange room, to my mind. Feel like I'm definitely missing something.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Yeah, that definitely was the same place as you described.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

That's one I reported as buggy ages ago and got the old Game-related data response.

It seems clear to me the object on the bridge was intended to move with the bridge but got missed.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

jayhova wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:39 am That's one I reported as buggy ages ago and got the old Game-related data response.

It seems clear to me the object on the bridge was intended to move with the bridge but got missed.
If quest target appears there it's near impossible to complete with a character that has no levitate...or does not use advanced climbing. Welp, at least that layout is quite rare.

pango

Post by pango »

LolzLolzFTW didn't know it was impossible so he did it...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart