Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "Fighters" Update

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.4.x - "Fighters" Update

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. :) Issuing new builds now, will post with patch notes when cloud build has done its thing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Live Builds have been updated now with the following small fixes:
  • Quest enemies now save in dungeons, even if player hasn't encountered them yet.
  • Quest debugger will refresh when loading a game.
  • Enemy mobile gender is now saved and loaded.
  • Partial fix for enemy LoadID collisions resulting in them sometimes coming back from the dead, or being replaced with another random enemy type.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Nystul wrote:
Interkarma wrote:
CM August wrote:The automap in towns doesn't always center itself on the player as intended when opened. It will do so however if it's closed and immediately re-opened.
I'll leave this one for Nystul to take a look at. He's the high priest of all things automap. :)
Yeah this is a bug - I am already aware of this after watching Interkarma's latest youtube videos some weeks ago - just did not spend time on it till now, will fix this soon! Thanks for reporting it and reminding me ;)
this bug should be fixed in one of the next versions - pull request is already issued

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome! Thank you for the fixes Nystul. :)

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

I've encountered a bug where sometimes you cannot interact with a quest giver to turn in a quest, it usually seems to happen after a dungeon quest and after you've already done some quests for the QG, restarting the game does fix this however.
Spoiler!
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (10).png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5198 times
umm how much skooma was your architect smoking? 8-)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Feralwarlord welcome to the forums. :)

When reporting a bug, don't forget to let me know which build and platform you're using - and for quests which quest didn't allow the hand-in.

For problems with hand-in, this usually mean something crashed in the quest script or quest machine during the process. A copy of your output log (see manual) can help me get to the bottom of these. From latest builds, you can also send me a zip of the save game folder for me to check.

There's definitely some funky door placement in the game to be sure. I'm thinking through some solutions for this, but it's difficult to fix the specific problem you show in that screenshot. I might be able to fix the more common door-in-door issue someday though.

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

I'm on windows and encountered the bug on builds 74 & 76. Next time I encounter it I'll send you the output log.
Interkarma wrote:There's definitely some funky door placement in the game to be sure. I'm thinking through some solutions for this, but it's difficult to fix the specific problem you show in that screenshot.
I've seen those too, I've also got screenshots of a floating loot pile and distorted wall and floor textures.

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with them and I don't have the codes for them but here's a couple of interesting quests I run across in build 74
An artonach hunt (that turned out to be a frost artonach) the sent me to a dungeon full of flesh & frost artonach's
A kill the barbarian that gotten into someone's home quest, the building I needed to got to... the fighters guild I was currently standing in, the barbarian spawned right behind me and attacked as soon as I exited the quest dialog, but he did drop my first piece of orcish gear :D

And finally is my assumption that bows haven't been added to loot drops yet correct? or have I been extremely unlucky

Timmuborgir

Post by Timmuborgir »

I didn't go threw the whole thread but searched failed quest and found nothing so thought I'd post this. Just started playing unity, my first quest was to kill a were crea ture which I actually failed(took too long). When I returned to quest giver I got no response and couldn't get a new quest. I did see -2 on my reputation so that's cool.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

If the quest expires out due to taking too long, the quest giver should give you a failure message. It's possible the quest is still running. You can check which quests are active by opening the quest debugger with LeftShift+Tab then use [ and ] keys to cycle through active quests.

Alternatively, if you can attach a zip of your save where this is happening, someone would be happy to take a look. Cheers.

BTW, don't be afraid to start your own thread in Help & Support if you can't find any information elsewhere. This thread was for a specific stage of testing and was almost a year since last post.