Changing Offered Quests
You can change the pool of quests offered by Fighters Guild by editing the Temp-Fighters
table in your installation (i.e. wherever you unzipped Dagerfall Unity). You will find tables in the DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Tables
To remove a quest from the pool, comment out the line by placing a dash "-" in front of that line like so:
If you just want to receive a single quest at a time for testing, comment out all table lines and add your new quest at the bottom of list. You can do this while the game is running, the table is checked every time you click on the Fighters quest-giver.
If you add notes to your quest line, don't use any extra commas "," as this is a CSV list and extra commas will break the schema.
Starting Quests Manually
You can find more detailed information on starting and debugging quests in this thread
. You can start quests using the console by opening with the backquote "`" key and entering "startquest questname
" like so:
Following are some useful console commands to help you get through quests efficiently:
- Toggles godmode on/off to make yourself invincible.
- Boosts your run speed to quickly clear city distances. Increase this up to around 300 for wilderness travel.
- Teleport directly to dungeon exit.
- Transport outside dungeon immediately (dungeon will reset).
- While inside a dungeon or building interior, use this command to teleport directly to quest marker associated with current Foe or Person target.
- While inside a dungeon or building interior, use this command to teleport directly to quest item marker associated with current Item target.
- Teleports player to contact point where crosshair is pointing (e.g. across the room). Use this if you get stuck inside geometry.
- Teleport player back to last known good position. Use this if teleport drops you into void.
- Kills all enemies in world around you.
Another tip: you can rest anywhere right now. Crime and punishment has not been implemented so feel free to rest wherever needed to pass time or heal.
You might see text messages like the following after clicking "Get Quest" a few times and nothing happens. This means the table schema could not be loaded due to an error on line N. Check you don't have any extra commas or other syntax problems in the table on that line.
And if you see the following popup, or another like it, after clicking "Get Quest" - this actually means an error was encountered in the quest script.
This error could be completely expected (e.g. a quest is asking for a local temple and no temples are available in current location). Or it could indicate a problem with the script.
If you're working from code inside the Unity Editor, the actual error is logged to the editor console. If you're playing a build, check your output log to find the error message. The manual included with Daggerfall Unity has more information on where to find the output log on your platform.