This test cycle builds on processes established in the Fighters Update. If you're new to testing, I recommend checking that thread for more console commands that might help speed up your test sessions (check under Surviving Quests header).
The time has finally come to begin testing the main story quest in Daggerfall Unity. This is a multi-release process designed to test small parts of the main quest at a time. I am estimating three to four fast releases should see the main story quest playable with a non magic user character.
The purpose of these tests is to validate the execution flow of main quest scripts, not to play the game in the normal manner. For this reason, I don't recommend starting a level 1 character. Rather, import a high level and well-equipped character then use console commands below to initiate a quest stage. You can reset a quest stage at any time to restart the process from any point.
These commands will modify main quest state directly by setting player level, faction reputation, and global variable state. Please create a new save specifically for these tests - do not save over your main character!
- clearmqstate - Purge all quests, sets all reputations to 0, clears all global variables. Use this to clear out all state. This will be called automatically by "setmqstage".
- setlevel <level> - Sets player level to a value from 1 to 30. This does not change player's stats or equipment, just the numerical value of their level for script checks. You will not be able to distribute new attribute points. This will also be called by "setmqstage" to bring player to appropriate level for testing stage.
- setmqstage <stage> - Resets player and world state for quest stage 1-N. Currently supported values are 1 or 2. See below for more information. Think of this command as restoring you to different checkpoints along the main story arc, or like bookmarks.
LeftShift+Tab - Cycle through quest debugger state: minimum/full/off.
[ and ] - Cycle through active quests.
- An info-click (F3 for Info mode by default) on any NPC will also output your reputation for that person/faction. Don't forget to set interaction back to Grab mode (F2 by default).
- You can play ahead of current test stage if you wish, but feedback will be considered out of scope for the time being. Some later quest scripts require action/condition support still under development and should not be expected to operate fully yet. A general rule of thumb is that if a main quest shows a display name in the debugger, that quest should be working.
- Certain fixed NPCs (e.g. Nufalga, King of Worms) are not spawned by quest system. So you will not be able to use "tele2qspawn" or "tele2qitem" console commands. Instead, you will need to navigate dungeon the usual way.