I'm gonna have to put this one on the waiting list for a while. There are a few problems regarding implementation that have to be overcome first.
1. Time periods. Daggerfall has a natural shortcoming concerning time-of-day constraints. If I accept the quest at 12:00 and it takes me 5.5 hours to travel to the quest town, the quest will be underway and I'll only have half an hour before the vampires appear. This wouldn't be a real impediment to the quest functioning, but I want to make sure people always have a fair chance at completing the quest the way it was intended to be.
2. Building types. I ran into this problem with a different quest, where trying to use too many buildings at once made the quest stop generating enemies, which made it impossible to complete.
3. Right now, there's no quest action to make enemies disappear. That'll be fixed by 0.4, I believe.
4. The quest city. I'd have to make the quest all happen in the same city where it's given, since trying to assign six buildings outside your current city usually means you're headed to six different cities. We don't have a parameter to choose one remote city to put the quest into. In such a case, I'd have to ensure it uses building types that are all different from each other (because of problem #2), and if I disperse the building types too much, there'll be a lot of towns it won't work in.
Mages Guild quest: A renowned scholar is staying at a tavern in the area but selfishly keeps his/her research away from the guild. The PC is asked to take the scholar's writings from the tavern. It may be enchanted to summon monsters upon theft.
Temple quest: A ghost keeps reappearing in a residence in spite of multiple attempts to remove it. The PC must resolve the case of the ghost's murder.
Thieves Guild quest: A captured informant is being held hostage but is belligerent and unwilling to give vital information for a robbery. A Charm spell is needed to turn him/her into the Guild's temporary informant.
Temple quest: 0-10 rep. The temple requires a missionary to send a tract document to an interested future patron. The PC will take the document to the patron in case the person has an interest in converting to the temple. (COMPLETED)
Innkeeper quest: Agent for a subversive group. Wants to change some guard orders for false ones.
"Recurring compass" questline: treasure hunting.
Innkeeper quest: The NPC is far too busy, but feels the need to place some flowers on a loved one's grave. He/she bought a particular bouquet of flowers from a shady salesperson who claimed they were proper for the month. 50/50 chance of the flowers causing a zombie to rise from the graveyard or a message coming from the departed loved one. Mischevious salesperson, motive not yet decided. [needs "when dropped anitem"]
Innkeeper quest: A particular relic with disease-curing properties is losing its power. The NPC asks you to take it to a rural shrine/dungeon which recharged it the previous time through no obvious means, then bring it back when it's powered up.
Innkeeper/temple quest: Someone in the city has been poisoned/diseased and needs to be cured immediately. The PC must go and cast a curing spell within thirty minutes.
Innkeeper quest: Loan some money to an NPC to keep their shop. 80% chance of a good return, 20% chance of little or no reward.
Temple quest: A rare enchanted item is needed for its proficiency for ending daedric possession. The PC is asked to enter a dungeon to look for it.
Temple quest: 0-10 reputation. Ferry some medicinal herbs to a member in another city for minor pay. (COMPLETED)
Innkeeper quest: Go settle an argument, beating some sense into the other person in the same town. (COMPLETED)
Perpetual quest: A dark elf or some other exotic race asks for your help getting oriented with the region. Small road trip to visit a tavern, a shop, and a temple.
??? quest: Deliver a teleporting item to a warrior, who will get sent to a prison. (COMPLETED)
??? quest: Receiving end of teleporting item. (COMPLETED)
Perpetual quest: A well-to-do orphan is looking for a new family and requests your aid in locating one. Within close succession, several offers will come in, each with their own characteristics and rewards. The choice of who the orphan stays with is yours. (COMPLETED)
Quest involving telepathy?
Last edited by Jay_H
on Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join Lysandus' Tomb,
a Daggerfall Unity fan Discord.
In-progress guide for Quest Pack 1 here