Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Jay_H »

Archaeologists #10: "Permission to Speak"

I wonder whether the direction I've chosen for some Archaeologist quests is in harmony with Hazelnut's vision for them as an "Indiana Jones" style guild. I hope something like this draws closer to it.

As an added bonus, if you get the object but run out of time, you get to keep it!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Fighters Guild #13: "Gentle Giant"

Sure you can kill the giant, but what'll happen if you resolve it another way?

Again, this uses something Hazelnut implemented a long time ago: quest conditions based on the PC's skills. This was fun, and I'll have to see how else to use this same concept.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Temple #5: "Pacification Rite"

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Temple #6: "Marriage Counseling"

Oh, this was just a joy to put together. I used a Mages Guild quest as a pattern for it and it still took quite awhile. Thanks to TheLacus' writing tools, though, the process was very smooth, albeit time-consuming.

This quest has conditions to grant early success depending on the PC's Etiquette skill. For the uncouth characters like mine, you'll go the full distance before they can be placated.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Knightly Order #15: "Nature's Wrath"

I hope to make language skills quite useful. This language check won't give you any additional reward, but it will make the quest easier.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Knightly Order #16: "Interview with an Orc"

I wasn't sure what faction to fit this into, so the knights were the closest I could think of.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Mages Guild #11: "Travel Guide"

Once again, this is a feature Interkarma implemented a long time ago that I'm just barely touching. It's really quite fun and relaxing to just look at the map, try to find the right place, and let the quest tell its own story. I hope to make more quests like this one for the pacifist characters in the DFU community.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is great. So happy you're able to take advantage of the new stuff in the quest system. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Mages Guild #12: "Turnabout Wizardry"

Heh heh! I'm not saying a single word about what can happen with this one! :D I have respectfully noted Interkarma's previous comments about sadistic quest ideas though ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Temple #7: "The Filthy Pit"

I'm using an engine exploit that allows me to do a quest action continuously, which I previously used in JHMG00X. If it gets fixed/changed I'll have to figure out what do to in its place.

I had to find a disease that was both significant (better than Stomach Rot) and not crippling (less than Plague). Typhoid Fever seemed like a good match. I really like how the mechanics work in this one: you won't be completely free even if you can cure disease.