Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Quest Showcase

Post by Jay_H »

Google Drive link: http://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxjB9- ... TFCRzVDUkE. This will always be the up-to-date link for my quests.

Hey everyone, I decided to move finished quests to a separate topic to let the "Quest Prompt" thread continue on its own purpose. Feel free to post what you develop. This thread will be for quests that are already tested and functional.

FGDFU001.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to a residence in another city to slay a vampire for gold.

FGDFU002.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to a dungeon to slay a Daedra Lord or Daedra Seducer for a gem.

FGDFU003.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to slay an outlaw in a dungeon for gold.

IMDFU001.txt: A simple quiz from a shopkeeper regarding royalty in the Iliac Bay.

IMDFU002.txt: A more complex quiz from a shopkeeper regarding gameplay mechanics in Daggerfall.

KNDFU001.txt: A Knightly Order quest to protect a dragonling and kill poachers.
Last edited by Jay_H on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Midknightprince

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Midknightprince »

Jay_H wrote:Hey everyone, I decided to move finished quests to a separate topic to let the "Quest Prompt" thread continue on its own purpose. Feel free to post what you develop. This thread will be for quests that are already tested and functional.

FGDFU001.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to a residence in another city to slay a vampire for gold.

FGDFU002.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to a dungeon to slay a Daedra Lord or Daedra Seducer for a gem.

FGDFU003.txt: The Fighters Guild sends the PC to slay an outlaw in a dungeon for gold.

MCDFU001.txt: A simple quiz from a shopkeeper regarding royalty in the Iliac Bay.

MCDFU002.txt: A more complex quiz from a shopkeeper regarding gameplay mechanics in Daggerfall.

KNDFU001.txt: A Knightly Order quest to protect a dragonling and kill poachers.
How do you get all this stuff to work ?
Amazing dude, just amazing.. :)
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I have a little experience in scripting and 20 years of experience with Daggerfall, so I just sort of smack things together until they work :D To be honest it's a little addicting to make content like this, since a little effort goes a long way.

KNDFU002: A Knightly Order quest sends the PC to free a rural farmstead overtaken by criminals.
Last edited by Jay_H on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

@Jay_H

I can testify to that, 386, 16 mb or ram, but the DOS....hated the DOS..
Hope I get to play this stuff, more is good. :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you download the zip file and extract it to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests, you can try them.

Once you extract them, go to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Tables/Temp-FightersQuests.txt and edit that file. Copy and paste the following lines at the end of it:

FGDFU001,
FGDFU002,
FGDFU003,
KNDFU001,
KNDFU002,
MCDFU001,
MCDFU002,

That should enable them for you so you can try them out. Here's how it should look:

NLDFU001: Concept by Feralwarlord. Noble quest. A city is plagued with violent criminals at night, and the PC must go destroy them.

MGDFU001: Mages Guild quest. A student skilled in illusion magic has gone rogue and now attacks people using various forms. The PC is sent to a dungeon to slay the pupil.

Midknightprince

Jay_H wrote:If you download the zip file and extract it to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests, you can try them.

Once you extract them, go to /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Tables/Temp-FightersQuests.txt and edit that file. Copy and paste the following lines at the end of it:

FGDFU001,
FGDFU002,
FGDFU003,
KNDFU001,
KNDFU002,
MCDFU001,
MCDFU002,

That should enable them for you so you can try them out. Here's how it should look:

NLDFU001: Concept by Feralwarlord. Noble quest. A city is plagued with violent criminals at night, and the PC must go destroy them.

MGDFU001: Mages Guild quest. A student skilled in illusion magic has gone rogue and now attacks people using various forms. The PC is sent to a dungeon to slay the pupil.
Woa, seriously ?
I'm gonna do it.
I'm assuming they show up as radom in the fighter guild right ?

Right after Unity ? or do i skip a line ?
Yep I got it in just like it looks...AWESOME DUDE !
I'll let you know, I will test as many as you throw at me..
Last edited by Midknightprince on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, the Fighters Guild is the current source for all quests. For each new quest I add, you just extract it into the Quests folder and add the quest number into that same file, just the same as the others. Each zip file I add has every previous quest included.

Midknightprince

So the Temp-FightersQuests.txt is not in there until I unzip the stuff into Quests folder right ?
Just making sure cause I can't find it, so I'm assuming it zips into it..
Yeah it's not in there yet..
COOL DUDE, something I can actually do !
My bad...Temp I see it..
Looks like this for me..

bug
M0C00Y13, Passed with reward bug
M0C00Y14, Passed with reward bug
CUSTOM01, New quest exclusive to Daggerfall Unity
FGDFU001,
FGDFU002,
FGDFU003,
KNDFU001,
KNDFU002,
MCDFU001,
MCDFU002,

Midknightprince

Ok I'm trying it, this is so freaking cool ! :D and check this out if you haven't, tell me what you think

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

NLDFU002: Noble quest. The Dark Brotherhood failed to dispatch a former foe. The PC is sent to slay the failed assassin and the mark. Known limitation: automatically calculated time limit does not account for two destinations and sometimes results in impossible time limits. Time limit set to fixed 30 days for now.