Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Jay_H »

Awesome! :D Thank you for doing all that. I don't use github so I'll start implementing them once the next build comes out. This'll definitely be a help!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Midknightprince wrote:Or make it an endurance Quest, so you can put your writting skills to work...
PC has to survive random attacks from creatures for %amount of time.
Day, and night.
Anything, it doesn't just have to be wild creatures.
Survival = success.
Then you just start over.
It happens in that dungeon with the mad Druid, and on the farm with the tigers and bears...
Your request has been fulfilled.

FGDFU008: The Fighters Questor has a bet that you can survive for one hour after using a summoning gem from Black Marsh. Will you be as lucky as he thinks?

I specifically chose monsters that leave no loot so this can't be farmed for money. Tell me if the monster frequency is too high or too low.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

@Jay_H
Thank you for all this new stuff to do.
Every quest you make feels just like classic Daggerfall :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you, that's a great compliment :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHMG003: Mages Guild quest. A mage in the region has turned to necromancy, and the PC is asked to ensure it spreads no further.

Known limitation: the necromancer doesn't disappear when the fight begins.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

JHMG004: Mages Guild quest. A researcher who needs to get a sample off an atronach is inept at combat. The PC is asked to lead the researcher into the dungeon and kill the atronach for him/her.

Stalin Brando

Post by Stalin Brando »

In the quest "sacrificial lamb" (where baddies chase you to get an important object) I've finished the alotted time but I'm not sure how to finish the quest. I'm directed to a tavern but no one inside wants to talk to me.

I had fled to a lonely home in the desert, and could see people on the horizon, but was unsure if they were enemies or civilians, it gave me a great sense of paranoia. Nice atmosphere, felt like a Terminator movie.
Last edited by Stalin Brando on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Good! :) The first timer (3 weeks) is the amount you have to run out before returning the gem to the Thieves Guild. The second timer (2 months) is a real end timer, where if you don't return by then you'll fail the quest. I wanted to make it generous enough so it wouldn't matter, but still existent to end the quest if it got hung up by something. So head back to the questgiver and you'll be able to turn it in.

Stalin Brando

Post by Stalin Brando »

That's right, Jay.

But simply talking to the Redguard in the Fighters Guild wasn't enough - I had to accept a new quest to lose the old one.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's odd. It didn't turn out that way when I tested it (which was limited). Could you tell/show me specifically how that happened?