- dialog link with add dialog which reveals anyinfo message (sometimes used in vanilla df, just want a streamlined demo quest for demonstration reasons)
- dialog linked resources that are linked together and anyinfo messages used to reveal on use (sometimes used in vanilla daggerfall)
- rumors injected by optional rumors property for resource with dialog linked resource (sometimes used in vanilla daggerfall)
- rumor mill in conjunction with dialog link (player must ask for news and get the right rumor to start investigating on topic) - extends vanilla df I think - similar use case than case above
- rumors during quest (/ aftersuccess / afterfailure) with dialog link - similar use case than cases above
- dialog with directional hint for dungeon that doesn't need to be revealed (broken in vanilla df, working in dfunity), could think of a nice cartographer quest, where you are asked to find a dungeon that is known to exist but not clear where it is. Player will have to travel to different towns to ask for rough compass direction to pin down location and find it by restricting the area and use the increased view distance of dfunity to finally find it. Will take long, but may be a pro cartographer quest
I have issued a pull request with these demo quests (__DEMO14 - __DEMO19) together with some minor fixes, improvements. Take a look if you are interested.
demo quests are pretty minimal. Just want to show the core element. most of them run infinite and there are no timers involved
the cartographer-type quest is now set up as a test for your pathfinding skills - still not very realistic since why would peasants know about the place at all... and it would take ages to find the dungeon without cheating - but it is for demonstrational purposes anyway
better use case would be probably to use it to add to the game's atmosphere when asking ppl and getting more detailed answers (like in the missing prince story quest).
Be aware that currently dialog options for resources are only generated in the "tell me about" section. The generic "Where is" mechanism still needs to be implemented (implementation in vanilla daggerfall is very rudimentary anyway - place resources yes, person resources partly and item resources not at all).