Custom quest support

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Custom quest support

Post by Interkarma »

If you're still on 147 then you haven't got the current version with fix. Grab 0.7.36 from 30 Jan. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

:lol: Well done, brain! I downloaded 148 when it came out but didn't bother unzipping it. Quests are loading normally now, it looks good.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Phew, you had me worried for a bit :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for the reminder :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There isn't any way to reach out and get a Vampire face for "add npc face", is there? It'd be a nice touch for a quest I'm writing but not essential. I just tried adding a face from The_Vraseth (one of the vampire factions) and it came out as an ordinary face.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's an interesting idea. In theory, it should be possible for the face setup to select a vampire noggin if NPC is a member of the vampire faction. Of course, that might not mean they are a vampire, they could be an allied servant or something.

I'll let this one brew for a bit and see what I can come up with. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

At the bottom of your list, of course. I doubt there'd be any easy way to do this, so if nothing ever happens it won't be a problem.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Is it possible to replicate the effect used in "Lich's Soul" to add other custom NPC portraits as companions? Lord Darkworth, face 169, was added in that case, but I don't know where to look up a face's index number. This is what I see for Lord Darkworth in Factions.txt.
Type: 4
name: Lord Darkworth
rep: 0
summon: -1
region: 24
power: 12
flags: 0
face: 49
race: 3
flat: 184 3
sgroup: 3
ggroup: -1
minf: 20
maxf: 80
Quest: S0000021
Person Karolis1 face 169 named Lord_Darkworth

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've put my own spin on this to show a defined portrait on HUD instead of a generic head for special named NPCs.

In the case of individual NPCs, the "face nn" index is ignored. Instead, their face is added based on their portrait face defined in FACTION.TXT. This index reference 0-60 of FACES.CIF. In the case of Lord Darkworth, he'll be record index 49 of FACES.CIF.

For everything else falling outside of this, a generic head is used by race and gender.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've tried several different applications, and none of them work EDIT: it's working fine. Thank you!