Classic quests in DFU

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Classic quests in DFU

Post by Jay_H »

Just to correct myself: M0B21Y19 (Standard Protection), M0B11Y18 (Lord K'avar), and M0B00Y17 (pet tiger) were each disabled for DFU so I haven't fixed them yet. I'll give updates on them when I get to them. So there are three remaining.

After that I'll look into the Mages Guild, since I saw they got integrated on git. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you mate!

At this point in time, I'm not sure when broader guild integration is coming. If you get really keen and want to test some of the other guild quests, you should be able to add them to existing fighters/mages tables just to spin them up and remove them after testing.

I really appreciate the work you're doing here. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Mages Guild update:

-N0B10Y03, repute tasks not yet existent. Corpses do not disappear at quest end. Added clearclick fix.
-N0B11Y18, "Kill" path functional. Changed house4 to house1 due to failed matching. Spells on enemy Baltham Greyman do not yet function. Have not yet tested "agree" path.
-N0B20Y02, corpses don't disappear at the end of the quest. Sleeping mage is sometimes female (not classic?). Enemies don't show up as a bunch. Enemies may not appear while loitering.
-N0B20Y05, lacks text variables in intro
-N0B21Y14, FAILED, GetCurrentRegionFaction() needed
-N0B30Y15, lacks spells on imp
-N0B40Y07, FAILED, Banish Daedra
-N0C00Y01, FAILED, Banish Daedra
-N0C00Y10, FAILED, player log says "Exception during quest compile: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary."
-N0C00Y11, fixed map bestowal
-N0C00Y12, good
-N0C00Y13, good

There are about 7 left to test. At this rate I might as well go through each guild's quests so that when they're all functional, they'll all have quests to do :lol:
Last edited by Jay_H on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for your extended notes on these. Some of those will need me to take another look at quest actions, notably the spawn/despawn mechanics for these quests. Have copied your notes to my internal bug list to work through when I have time.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just had time for a couple more tonight.

-N0B00Y17 (azimuthal vectors), fixed instant reward glitch. Placed salesperson properly. Requires more testing to see all branches, very convoluted quest.
-N0B10Y01 (escaped atronach), fine

So there'll at least be a little pool of functional MG quests once it's ready to launch, even if I can't fix these more problematic ones. That's good to see :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Jay_H wrote: -N0B11Y18, "Kill" path functional. Changed house4 to house1 due to failed matching. Spells on enemy Baltham Greyman do not yet function. Have not yet tested "agree" path.
does house4 sometimes fail or always (depending on town player is in when getting the quest) - I would rather see the house4 problem fixed instead of changing the quest there...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Since I've already made dump commands that process blockdata, I might give analysing the house types within blocks a go tonight. I know that house2 is most of the houses, and I have no idea what the distinction between the types is. Maybe this could be illuminated. I certainly agree that we should understand more before quest is changed to different house type.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

In all the time I've developed quests, house4 has always failed. I've tested it mainly in Ilessan Hills, but I also tried it in Daggerfall. Once house4 begins to receive quests, I'll change it back. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

i see
thx hazelnut for taking a look into it

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote:In all the time I've developed quests, house4 has always failed. I've tested it mainly in Ilessan Hills, but I also tried it in Daggerfall. Once house4 begins to receive quests, I'll change it back. :)
Do you mean Daggerfall city or region?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods