[DFUnity] Spanish Translation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Al-Khwarizmi

Re: Spanish Translation

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

I think the gist of the idea is that he wants to have a single image that will be valid both for vanilla resolution and for upscaling, because it will be integrated automatically into his upscaling process.

Is there an accessible image file where one can copy the characters from the font from?

I was wondering if I could do this myself, I am also a native Spanish speaker... but not much of an expert in image editing beyond the basics, unfortunately.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Well, seems like there are more first tongue Spanish speakers than I first thought.

I wonder, where are you all from? I am from Argentina.

Al-Khwarizmi wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:33 am I think the gist of the idea is that he wants to have a single image that will be valid both for vanilla resolution and for upscaling, because it will be integrated automatically into his upscaling process.

Is there an accessible image file where one can copy the characters from the font from?

I was wondering if I could do this myself, I am also a native Spanish speaker... but not much of an expert in image editing beyond the basics, unfortunately.

Yes, the idea is to have the translation made on top of the original graphics in pure white, then I can use it to more easily apply it to a clean version of the original graphic (a no text template that I'm going to do, so other translation projects can use it as well) and also being able to easily separate the text from the graphic so I can put the required effects and apply them to the upscale version as I did with the original text.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

I'm from Argentina too. I can say that at least 3 people here are native spanish speakers.
Getting back to the topic, right now, I can't help with the textures, I want to focus on the quests first. All I can do is give you the fonts I use for the images. Maybe Al-Khwarizmi has time to do it. He can use my already translated textures as a guide.

Fonts

Upheaval font: Perfect
Daggerfall font modified by me (i added the spanish characters): Need some polish on the accented capital letters.

Edit: I modified the Daggerfall font that I uploaded in the zip file... this one has the accented capital letters fixed.
Daggerfall font v2
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

I am spanish speaker as well. In fact I`ve been translating during some years the Pioneer Space Sim indie project. It is an Elite Remake, Daggerfall in space :D or the only game bigger than Daggerfall :lol: .

Greetings

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

Weekly update #5

Mages Guild Complete.

Spoiler!

- 93 textures translated. Some textures, have upscaling problems, I'm trying to solve this problem before I upload them. (not much progress on this right now)

Code: Select all

AMAP00I0.IMG.PNG
BANK00I0.IMG.PNG
BANK01I0.IMG.PNG
BIOG00I0.IMG.PNG
BOOK00I0.IMG.PNG
BUTN00I0.IMG.PNG
BUTN01I0.IMG.PNG
BUTN02I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR00I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR01I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR02I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR03I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR04I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR05I0.IMG.PNG
CHAR05I1.IMG.PNG
COMPASS.IMG.PNG
CUST00I0.IMG.PNG
DAED00I0.IMG.PNG
GILD00I0.IMG.PNG
GILD01I0.IMG.PNG
GNRC00I0.IMG.PNG
GNRC01I0.IMG.PNG
HERB00I0.IMG.PNG
INFO00I0.IMG.PNG
INVE00I0.IMG.PNG
INVE01I0.IMG.PNG
INVE08I0.IMG.PNG
INVE09I0.IMG.PNG
INVE10I0.IMG.PNG
INVE11I0.IMG.PNG
INVE12I0.IMG.PNG
INVE13I0.IMG.PNG
INVE14I0.IMG.PNG
INVE15I0.IMG.PNG
LGBK00I0.IMG.PNG
LOAD00I0.IMG.PNG
MAP100I0.IMG.PNG
MOVE00I0.IMG.PNG
MOVE01I0.IMG.PNG
OPTN00I0.IMG.PNG
PICK03I0.IMG.PNG
REPR01I0.IMG.PNG
REPR02I0.IMG.PNG
REST00I0.IMG.PNG
REST01I0.IMG.PNG
REST02I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP00I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP01I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP01I1.IMG.PNG
SHOP02I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP02I1.IMG.PNG
SHOP03I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP03I1.IMG.PNG
SHOP04I0.IMG.PNG
SHOP04I1.IMG.PNG
SPBK00I0.IMG.PNG
SPBK01I0.IMG.PNG
TALK01I0.IMG.PNG
TALK02I0.IMG.PNG
TALK03I0.IMG.PNG
TELE00I0.IMG.PNG
TMPL00I0.IMG.PNG
TOWN00I0.IMG.PNG
TRAV01I0.IMG.PNG
TRAV01I1.IMG.PNG
TRAV0I03.IMG.PNG
TRAV0I04.IMG.PNG
TVRN00I0.IMG.PNG
BUTTONS.RCI_0-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_1-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_10-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_11-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_12-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_13-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_14-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_15-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_16-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_17-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_18-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_19-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_2-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_20-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_3-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_4-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_5-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_6-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_7-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_8-0.png
BUTTONS.RCI_9-0.png
333_13-0
053_26-0
053_29-0
053_31-0

Reminder for interested people, if you want to help with the translation, just send me a private message.

Mr. Waffle

Post by Mr. Waffle »

I'd love to join the Spanish translation too, but I have a small question: which dialect of Spanish are you translating it to? Peninsular, Mexican, Neutral?
People wear socks

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I think I'd better step back out of translation for now. My free time has been drastically reduced, and it looks like Spanish has no real lack of willing help. I'll unclaim Fighters Guild so you all can work unimpeded.

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

No problem, it's understandable. Right now, I'm the only one translating the game, maybe Mr. Waffle or Gudadantza, will join in, but they haven't confirmed anything yet.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Mr. Waffle wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:23 am I'd love to join the Spanish translation too, but I have a small question: which dialect of Spanish are you translating it to? Peninsular, Mexican, Neutral?

I don't know, but in my experience, most translations involving Latin Americans are made neutral, and I would say it's a reasonable approach to do it that way.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've never known anyone to object to neutral. All I know is Spain's spanish is not welcome among people I speak to :lol: