KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by VMblast »

Suggestion:
The paper color (background) should be a little bit darker. It is a bit hard to read the text. Text is already heavily stylized, ie pixalated and have color somewhat tonally similar to the background. ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi VMBlast! The problem with flickering NPCs can be solved by DISABLING the "Compress modded textures" option in the video settings. Its a bug which is acknowledged by the devs and will hopefuly be dealt with in the future. Or alternatively, you can delete those upscaled NPCs for now, until its solved.

I agree that the background is too bright, I think its darker in a new verion which Im about to release, will doublecheck. Thanks!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Cheers! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Small update:

we are still working on a DFMOD package, there are few problems to solve tho, but I believe it will happen sooner than later. Patience is the key :lol:

pango

Post by pango »

Hi King of Worms,
There's some cosmetic issue when Remaster 3.0 and Convenient Clock mods are used together because of smaller compass...
I currently either use the default compass (by removing the files of the remastered one), or use the "classic" compass retexture which makes the Convenient Clock slightly off-center, but still works better because it's about the same height as original compass.
What will the options be with a dfmod-ed Remaster 3.0 mod?
I assume that I could still using the "classic" compass retexture if separate texture files get precedence over mods, but not use the original compass, but I could be totally wrong about that...
Regards,
Pierre.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi :)

Well... I like the smaller compass. Vanilla one is WAY too large. If you remove the compass XML files from my mod, you should get a default size and it might work with that other mod, but I guess you tryed that and thats when you get the offset?

In the DFMOD release there will be a separate compass files, so you can either delete them and get 100% vanilla, or do whatever you want with the compass as it will not be locked inside the DFMOD package.

Im a fan of a clean HUD tho... because of the immersion reasons.

Maybe the creator of a Convenient Clock can include some options to his mod as well, so ppl are able to scale it same as we can scale the compass now..

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:35 pm Well... I like the smaller compass. Vanilla one is WAY too large. If you remove the compass XML files from my mod, you should get a default size and it might work with that other mod, but I guess you tryed that and thats when you get the offset?
No, I made the screenshot with both mods installed, with no tweaking.
I just tried removing the XML files only, and the compass used standard size as you said, which works better with the Convenient Clock (but not perfect because the modified compass also doesn't fill a whole rectangle, and the clock assumes the compass is opaque).
To be perfectly clear, I do like the smaller compass, it's just that I do like the clock too, and both do not work nicely together.
So yes, the root issue seems to be that the clock assumes a default sized compass, and opaque too.
King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:35 pm In the DFMOD release there will be a separate compass files, so you can either delete them and get 100% vanilla, or do whatever you want with the compass as it will not be locked inside the DFMOD package.
Ok, that answers my question I think, if the compass files are not inside the package, or are in a separate package, it will stay easy to use the remaster without its compass.
King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:35 pm Im a fan of a clean HUD tho... because of the immersion reasons.
Well, beside being pretty, I find the clock more immersive than checking the time in the status information too :)
King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:35 pm Maybe the creator of a Convenient Clock can include some options to his mod as well, so ppl are able to scale it same as we can scale the compass now..
agreed
-- Charles Goodhart

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

I'm seeing what looks like either a ceiling or wall texture on what is presumably a monument. I don't know if it's for sure this mod, but it seems like it might be likely, unless it's a DaggerUnity bug. I've seen it in a few graveyards too, but I took this image in Antelibuton in Tigonus, if that helps.
Attachments
20180913203408_1.jpg
20180913203408_1.jpg (312.06 KiB) Viewed 3128 times
20180913203356_1.jpg
20180913203356_1.jpg (263.59 KiB) Viewed 3128 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This is 1996 Daggerfall feature :) and it went str8 to Unity as well. Unlike with 96 version, in 2018 we have a chance to correct it, so I hope it will be done one day! (but it must be done in a core of the engine I guess, nothing I can do with it in a scope of my texture remaster, I can only change textures, not change the UV mapping or wrong textures being used)

Thanks for a report, welcome to the forums ;)

pango

Post by pango »

Man, the remastered dungeon stone wall textures are just perfect!

And for some reason those greenish large slabs remind me of Eye of the Beholder

Could be mantis hive levels, even if watching them again, they're only remotely similar... The wonders of memory!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOm7-wHgNnI
-- Charles Goodhart