Immersion Roles

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Immersion Roles

Post by Jay_H »

Immersion Roles

This mod selects a role for you to play as you get your character started. Follow a short quest line that gives your character some foundation in the world. This is expected to be used with Optional Main Quest, and perhaps Random Starting Dungeon. Both can be found as required mods on the Nexus page.

Why does this mod exist?

Several of us are playing ironman (one-life) characters, and I found it boring to have a totally blank slate to start with each time. I hope these roles give a person some short- to mid-term motivation to continue on in their character, and see how far they go. You can find some future planned roles here: https://github.com/JayH2971/dfunity-que ... o-plan.txt

How do I install it?

As it's a quest pack, it goes into your Quest Packs folder.

How often will you add new roles?

Finding the right motivation and story angle is not always easy, and writer's block is real. I promise nothing, but hope to add more.

haloterm

Re: Immersion Roles

Post by haloterm »

Wow. This is awesome. And may make my own quest project (Life Goals and Ambitions, just started this today: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=57036#p57036) a bit obsolete. I had also things like shown on your screenshot in my mind :D Well, it proves that you really fulfilled a need here ;) Can't wait to try!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I have a second role finished, but it has an engine bug that needs to be fixed before I can release it. I also started on a Dark Brotherhood initiate role that I'm trying to find the right idea for. These things are fairly easy to write; sitting down, I can do a full role in one day. Unfortunately, my time has been consumed in other things lately.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I added a new role called the Noble Child. Avert a plague that will ruin your homeland!

In the future I intend to create a role dispenser that will choose randomly from among the ones I created. That'll be after I finish a few more.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

This is such an awesome idea. I loved the headhunter and I sure am going to love the others you come up with.
It helps direct you towards some early goals rather than trying to come up with one. Thank you!

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:41 am That'll be after I finish a few more.
Would you be interested in a cooperation?

I had a look at your quest backbone and how you structured it, and I think that my own quest ideas for my intended "Life Goals and Ambitions" quests could be done easily with that.

I could send you my quests and you could decide if you want to include them or not. I'll check first of course that my ideas do not collide with your other planned roles you mention at your GitHub.

(Such a cooperation makes more sense to me than me starting a different but in the end similar mod, esp. once you made your quest dispenser.)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I don't see any harm in taking submissions. I'll be a total gatekeeper, though, and tell you if I simply won't use them, or could use them with some modifications, etc.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

This is rather interesting. I can imagine a role that would be a gateway to joining the Dark Brotherhood.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, that's the one I'm working on now.
Spoiler!
You get a free invitation to the Dark Brotherhood merely by starting in this role.
Unfortunately I can't think of a good storyline for it, so I'm not making progress yet.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hello Jay_H,

I just would like to write few words of appraisal for your work; I just completed the Noble's Child storyline and was amazing. Combined with the Alternative Main Quest it is almost like playing a complete different game! Very well done, and looking forward for the further developments!

Thank you!