Pixelated Grass for Real Grass

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
carademono

Re: Pixelated Grass for Real Grass

Post by carademono »

Ralzar, these are loose files. Is there a setting to load loose files with a point filter? (If not, there should be)

carademono

Post by carademono »

So I forked this mod, imported the low-res textures with point filter set, and built the dfmod, but oddly enough the grass is still displaying in-game with the bilinear filter. I'd imagine it has something to do with the shaders, which is way over my pay grade. I definitely saw a performance boost, so I think it would be worth building the retro version if UncannyValley or TheLacus would care to take a look. Here's the fork: https://github.com/drcarademono/daggerf ... -realgrass

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

carademono wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:35 pm So I forked this mod, imported the low-res textures with point filter set, and built the dfmod, but oddly enough the grass is still displaying in-game with the bilinear filter. I'd imagine it has something to do with the shaders, which is way over my pay grade. I definitely saw a performance boost, so I think it would be worth building the retro version if UncannyValley or TheLacus would care to take a look. Here's the fork: https://github.com/drcarademono/daggerf ... -realgrass
This mod relies on standard Unity detail prototype system, so i don't have access to internal shader. If someone finds a workaround and wants to collaborate with haloterm on a retro version i don't have any objection, all the source code is available.