[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nystul

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by Nystul »

pango wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am
Nystul wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 am update4: yes, confirmed. Set terrain distance to 3 and do the round-trip (Linisa to Isfakabi and back) in dfunity without mods and you will get the same reproducible behaviour
That's interesting, maybe we're on the right track to fix the more general bug!
(Yup, just saw you referenced this thread)
I hope so!

update:
adding a new line to file StreamingWorld.cs at as line 864:

Code: Select all

terrainArray[index].updateLocation = terrainArray[index].hasLocation;
fixes the problem for me.

maybe a better fix would be to just delete loaded locations at the same time the when the terrain object (the "Pooled" gameobject) gets removed completely. Would take more memory but location loading/removing would be in sync with terrains

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

It's great to see that you're working on the mod again, this mod is a real must have for me :) Thanks for the work!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yes, glad to see this must-have mod is still being actively maintained - thanks, Nystul!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Nystul wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:26 am Image
I can now see why we had flying buildings in the past when I look at the screenshot. So maybe the way buildings are destroyed at the moment (earlier than the terrain gameobjects) is the way to go and my suggested 1-line fix is good enough without reintroducing the flying towns again ;)

Or if we decide to couple buildings and terrain pooling/releasing then we need to make sure all those pooled buildings are inactive and not rendered as it is done with the terrain gameobjects

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Agreed with the rest, its nice to see this mod being maintained and tuned, its a must have one :) Thank you!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

thx guys, finally got the time to work on this again ;)

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Yes, this mod is fantastic, man! It makes Tedious Travel WAY less, err, tedious, and makes the Telescope mod super-useful sometimes. I do have a quick question, though. I noticed there was an option in the mod settings for indicating locations as a bright spot, but I don't think I've ever noticed anything with that option on. What should I be looking for?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

it is very subtle, see this screenshot (you will have to zoom in the better see it):

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

You're right, that is REALLY subtle. I had to zoom in to like 300% to see anything, heh.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I actually can't see the bright spot even when zooming... since this is already just a mod option, would you please consider turning the "brightness" waaaay up? :)